Dank Holiday



Monday December the 28th 2020

I had a better sleep than I’ve had for a while. Probably a little more than six hours all told, which is a lot for more when compared to the nine months or so!


I’ve not slept well since the first lockdown started if truth be told. I’m not one hundred percent sure why that is, but it’s true.


Maybe I’m just worried about people, since I’m not visiting them, or have much contact?


Anyway, I was relatively well rested for work, which makes a change.


At a little after seven in the evening, a guard rang from a site where we have a vehicle there for patrols, because it’s a huge site!  Two punctures, one slow and one that couldn’t be pumped up in any way.


I suggested pumping up the slow puncture and replacing the one that couldn’t be pumped for the spare.


“It’s minus two outside, and I don’t change wheels!”


My response was “well we change our own wheels on mobile, no matter the weather!”


It took around two hours to get it sorted out, because the guard is an absolute doofus! We ended up calling an emergency tyre service, who sorted it our for a price.


I didn’t get too much listening in, but even with an alarm call, I still got the work done.


I’m hoping to get more listening time while I’m doing the day shifts on New Year’s Eve & New Year’s Day.


Waking up at 3 in the morning won’t be fun, but I’m sort of looking forward to seeing what days are like with the extra work on since I last worked in the daytime around four years ago.


Anyway, fun listening to podcasts;


Spocklight 

Comicbook Nation

2 Legs: A Paul McCartney Podcast

Star Trek: The Pod Directive


Take care and stay safe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pod Files - Monday May 29 2023

The Pod News - Thursday 16 February 2024

The Pod Files - Sunday 5 November 2023