Doolally Friday

 


Friday December the 18th 2020

So, got in from work at about 8:30 if memory serves me right - it’s terrible that I can’t remember what happened the day before I’m writing my blog!

It’s the day of release for the album McCartney III by Paul McCartney, and I was expecting so many different versions of the album to appear in the post, because not only where there copies for myself, but some American friends had asked me to get them bits that were only available in the U.K. 

So there I was going to bed expecting copies from Amazon, HMV, and Paul’s own web store, which meant having to wake up on a day where I have around eight hours between getting in from work and leaving for the next shift.

I had a message from Royal Mail telling me about a delivery, and used the link therein to try and redirect the delivery, but that’s easier said than done! The option was about where to deliver if I didn’t answer the door, so I chose the local post office.

I thought that I could just ignore the doorbell, roll over, and they would take it to the post office, but no such luck...

At 12:30 something they rang the bell, and kept ringing it for about five bloody minutes! 

It’s ridiculous really, because they should just have an option for it going to the post office, rather than going there if you don’t answer the door!

The postman knows that I work nights and am in bed during the day, but obviously they must find some perverse fun in thinking that one day I’ll be so tired that I’ll crash and die in a ditch somewhere!

The CD from Amazon, and the three blue vinyls I ordered for friends in the US had arrived. That’s a story in itself that I won’t go into in full detail, but I will say that one person ordered two of those and then asked to cancel, which I couldn’t with HMV online ordering - once the order is accepted, you can’t cancel. I’ve found someone to take one of those two of my hands, and there are still a green and four more CD copies (all differently coloured) to come from Paul’s online store!

His record company are really trying to get him high up in the charts...

Boring night, made worse by training a divvy on a site at the same time that I should have been locking a business up, and trying to sort out an oncoming potential day shift problem.

All part of the job!

Not much listening, as I obviously had to listen to the new Paul McCartney album of course!

Upon first listen it seems to flow nicely, and there are some standout moments (hello Slidin’, Seize The Day, When Winter Comes...).

Podcasts listened to;

Watchlist

Comicbook Nation

Adam & Craig’s Guilty Pleasure Cinema


Now it’s Saturday, and I’ve done very little editing of the show going out tomorrow, because the laptop has switched itself off in the last two hours more times than I can count, and won’t stay on long enough to download a file that Liam from Spocklight has sent me to attach to the beginning of the show.


I may have to use Louise’s laptop tomorrow!


Take care and stay safe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pod Files - Monday May 29 2023

The Pod News - Thursday 16 February 2024

The Pod Files - Sunday 5 November 2023