Eve And Day

 


Thursday December the 24th 2020

So, I woke up at 7:45 in the morning for some reason.  I didn’t want to get up that early, what with being on nights that night, but I was awake.


Perhaps it’s because of me falling asleep for about three or four hours the previous evening? I must have been rested from that, so it didn’t take much to catch up.


I fetched the laundry, got some bits from a few places towards Louise’s presents, just to add to the main presents.  


I’d already given her a few bits before Christmas (including a tablet), as I always do, but there were other things book wise, etc.  The “bits” though would be highlighter pens, notepads, body wash, etc.


I saw an Amazon Fire Stick on sale on Amazon and because the Blu-ray player we used to stream directly to the tv was problematic, I thought “why not!”



I connected it to the tv, then to the internet, and got some services linked to the already existing accounts (Netflix, BBC iPlayer, My5, Amazon Prime, and Disney Plus), with the intention to link my accounts with All4, ITV hub, and UKTV.


I added an app on there for Red Bull as well, so that we could watch snowboarding, motorcycle aerials, etc.


I tried to have the Major League Baseball app as well, but you have to pay a subscription.  An app for Christmas films and tv shows is luckily free, which is probably a good thing considering the age and quality of those things!


I then went to work...


Christmas Eve Night Shift

Well, the night shift for Christmas Eve was pretty boring and dragged like hell!


It was also bloody cold! Around zero degrees centigrade for a lot of the shift, and I somehow lost my snood, and eventually added a second pair of socks around eight hours into the shift.


My work van listening -

Personal Amazon Christmas Playlist 

Podcast - Queenpod

Podcast - The Calm Christmas Podcast

Podcast - Adam & Craig’s Guilty Pleasure Cinema 

Podcast - Live Life Loud: The Decibolic Podcast

Podcast - When They Was Fab


December the 25th 2020

I got in from work at about half past five in the morning, and into bed before six.  I must have dropped off a little before half past six, and woke up at one.  Even if it wasn’t for my alarm clock, there would have been no choice, because the neighbour upstairs was busy with his punchbag!


When I got out of bed, the 1970 version of A Christmas Carol was on, so we left it on, but sort of in the background. We’ll watch it properly when we get the chance, just as we’ll watch National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, The Muppets’ Christmas Carol, the Disney animated A Christmas Carol, Blackadder’s Christmas Carol, the Alistair Sim version, the Patrick Stewart version, the George C Scott version (filmed in Shrewsbury), Elf...


Dear me, it’s tough fitting that all in with my work hours!


I started at work at five in the evening, but as my job is driving around between sites, I took advantage and returned home for dinner at seven, so we could eat together for once!


That meant though that my break time was all gone then, so after I left home an hour later, I had nine hours without a break!


For a change, I listened to Christmas music and no podcasts.  Well, I finished the previous shift’s last podcast, in the shape of When They Was Fab, but then went with all Christmas music -


  1. A Christmas Gift For You from Phil Spector
  2. A Very She And Him Christmas
  3. The Beach Boys’ Christmas Album 
  4. Christmas In The Heart by Bob Dylan
  5. The Andy Williams Christmas Album 
  6. Someday At Christmas by Stevie Wonder 
  7. A Jolly Christmas from Frank Sinatra 


A relatively easy going shift, but it dragged big time!


Got back home at around half past five.


Take care and stay safe.


PS - I thought that I’d listen to music, because I thought that I could catch up with podcasts during the other Christmas shifts, as I thought that a lot of the shows would take a break, but obviously I was mistaken! A few shows released new episodes on the day itself! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pod Files - Monday May 29 2023

The Pod News - Thursday 16 February 2024

The Pod Files - Sunday 5 November 2023