Monday Monday
Monday 14th of December 2020
Let’s see what I can remember of Monday now that it’s ten to one on Wednesday morning (Tuesday night)...
I think that I got up at about two o’clock in the afternoon, and after having to do a few bits, I got on with editing the Christmas Music special of Pods Like Us.
What have I put myself in for?
I got it edited, but ran out of time to get it posted up. Typing the details out would have taken longer than I had, so I uploaded the episode to site as a file, so that it was there.
I also uploaded it as a private file to my soundcloud account, which I listened to at work.
After listening to it, and deciding that it was fine, I filled in the details onto the site, attached the already uploaded sound file, and then pressed “PUBLISH IMMEDIATELY”!
Good episode, and full of fun from everyone involved.
The night shift actually dragged, and I was thinking about what a guy at work had done with reference to working over Christmas...
So, we have to provide our services 24 hours a day, every single day of the week, month, and year! We’re given a form to fill in suggesting what we would like to work and what we would like to go get as days off. Remembering that more day shifts need cover, I also knew that someone wanted New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day day shifts off, which would sort of means that someone needs to do those shifts, and as Thursday is normally my first shift back, I thought it made sense for me to be doing it.
However, it turns out that one of the guy’s decided that he wanted Wednesday the 30th off, when he normally works on Wednesdays. I said to him that that screws the rosters up, because I’m on days and can’t do a 24 hour driving shift.
He’ll be miffed, because he’s getting Monday the 28th off, because that’s the only way we can sort it.
He’ll be getting Monday to Wednesday off the following week as a thank you break. I probably shouldn’t have said that, but now it’s out there.
Slow night but great podcasts listened to. Not as many as I’d like though!
Podcasts listened to;
The Corona Diaries with Steve Hogarth - I really enjoyed the surprise of keyboard player Richard Barbieri guesting on this episode.
When They Was Fab - weird hearing yourself mentioned willy nilly! Not that my willy was mentioned of course! Unless that’s in the outtakes? #doubtful
The Calm Christmas Podcast - Beth Kempton continuing her lovely programme to get people to stay relaxed during the lead up to Christmas.
Take care and stay safe.

Comments
Post a Comment