More Monday Mayhem

 


Monday December the 21st 2020

For a Monday morning, I got in very late from work. I think it was about five to seven or so when I got home, as it took bloody ages to clean the work van, and I felt awful because I couldn’t fuel the damn thing up!


Garages were either closed or had run out of diesel.


I got up relatively late, and got out both mine and Louise’s laptops.


The basic idea was to copy stuff over from my laptop to an external hard drive, and then onto Louise’s laptop...


Not as easy as I thought it would be!


I had to open up the work I had done on my laptop, export that to wav, copy to the external drive, as well as copy over the music files, but after I did something else - I added sleigh bells and a glockenspiel to the end theme of the show.


It turns out that in under an hour I got the editing finished by having to edit here and there where footage was lost, to try and make it sound coherent. I also cut out around an hour of footage outside of the show, which I was originally happy to try and fit into the main body of the show, but just didn’t have the time to do that much work.


I figured that with Christmas Day four days away, that a show about Christmas films really needed to be out there, as opposed to afterwards!


With the lack of time, and laptop problems, I was unable to download a file from Liam of Spocklight, who had recorded a message that included his number one Christmas film, which would have been at the top of the show, before the opening music!


I posted it as a private file on my soundcloud account as a private file to listen to while at work, as well as saving it as a file only on Podbean, so that I could post it up as an episode later, which is what I did!



Relatively easy going shift, but it absolutely hammered it down, and dropped from around 12 degrees most of the night, and suddenly dropped to around 5 at about four in the morning! 


Podcast listening -

The Corona Diaries with Steve Hogarth - wow, listening to a show on it’s day of release... That’s me up to date!

This Week In Marvel - caught up with this show, and happily so. They had a great chat with the guys from ska punk band Less Than Jake.

Spocklight - the guys discussed the fabulous film Star Trek V: The Final Frontier, which was directed by William Shatner.  Yes, I love the film.  As they said in the episode, it’s not a perfect film by a long shot, with some very questionable bits going on, but there were some real life battles behind the scenes - vehicles with equipment in were torched by striking staff, writers were also striking all over Hollywood, the studio were constantly cutting budget, and questioning...  it’s still for great fun (“I know this ship like the back of my hand”) and heart (“My pain is what makes me who I am”)...


Take care and stay safe 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pod Files - Monday May 29 2023

The Pod News - Thursday 16 February 2024

The Pod Files - Sunday 5 November 2023