Not Enough Time
Monday December 7th 2020 afternoon/night
I got to bed after work at around 8 I think, and fell asleep at around nine, followed by sleeping past my 12:30 alarm, waking at 2pm, and rushing to get bits bagged up for the laundry. Uniforms are a necessity of course, although it turns out that it’s a good thing that I still have uniform bits to fall back on.
I dropped that off, then parked back up, and went to WH Smith’s (we live in the centre of town, which is both a blessing and a curse, but more the latter).

A magazine that’s
almost redundant to
myself!
Already the Christmas TV guide was out, on Monday the 7th of December! I suppose that I understand that with it being two weeks away at that point from the week that THAT DAY falls!
People are staying safe, and there is a tier system in place all over the UK, as there are restrictions all over the world!
It’s a different year for the Christmas season, with these restrictions and fears, but it can be done!
During the night I recorded two seasonal specials of Pods Like Us, with the first one being music based show, featuring Tom from the shows 2 Legs & Talk More Talk, Ken from Things We Said Today & Talk More Talk, Dave from new show Decibolic: Live Life Loud, and the writer Eoghan Lyng.
I started the recording around 15 or so minutes early, and it was a great show. I wish I had mentioned top five Christmas albums, but instead went for top five Christmas songs. We can do albums next year, lol!
Less than an hour later myself and Dave from Decibolic returned to start recording what should have been a show about Christmas films...
We generally chit chatted about all sorts of stuff, until a little before Gill from The Mindbuzz showed up, and then I made the decision to veer it towards a show generally about Christmas, but with other bits getting into the conversation that felt natural, whilst trying to keep bringing the Christmas thing into the chat.
Because we had prepared for what was to be a Christmas films based show, we still did our top five Christmas films, but I do intend to hopefully record and release a Christmas film based show. I just felt that it would be better to do that with film podcasters.
It ended up being a late night again, going to bed at around 7 in the morning.
Tuesday December 8th 2020
Got up too late to get the clean washing from the launderette, who were closing at 3pm now as opposed to 5pm before the Covid!
Luckily I have some uniform bits for Wednesday night, as the laundry are closed on Wednesdays, so I’ll have to get out of bed early on Thursday. I hope I finish on time that morning!
I’d stayed up late on Monday night/Tuesday morning because I was trying to get the audio from the music show onto audacity, but then once I’d got four of us up on the there, it crashed and died!
I was also preparing for a guest spot on Gill’s show The Mind Buzz, where over many parts we’re looking at the changes in inclusivity, racism, sexism, and equal opportunities between 1966 and 1972.
My notes for part one are incredibly extensive!
Tuesday night
Taco Tuesday was fabulous, with Louise serving mini tortilla wraps with scampi, tomato, avocado, red onion, jalapeños, chipotle mayo, lime juice and coriander. They were delicious, and I think Dave from the podcast Taco The Town would have loved them!
We don’t have tacos every Tuesday, but it’s a meal that I really look forward to, especially as Louise mixes it up every time, so there’s a surprise element each time!
I started trying to get parts in place to edit the first of the Christmas special episodes, and then at 10:30pm until midnight me and Gill recorded the first of hopefully many guest appearances on his show The Mind Buzz.
He’s going to make that into two shows, which makes sense. We only slightly touched on the extensive notes that we had both written, because I think that we were both really inspired by the over all themes we were looking at!
After that we watched the film A Christmas Story, which we had never seen before, as it’s not something that seems to be on television over here in the UK, which is the same for A Charlie Brown Christmas! I also intend to watch that at some point as well, somehow!
I then carried on with the show editing.
Poor Eoghan was having a lot of trouble with his WiFi connection, so I had to piece together six separate sound files that Zoom threw back to me at the end of the great chat.
Just you wait until that show is all edited together, and I think that you will hear what I think is a fabulous episode.
Got to bed late (7am)...
Wednesday 9th of December 2020 pre-work
Woke up a little before 1pm, with bits to do before leaving for work later between 4:15 and 4:30pm.
Here I am though at 2:20pm noting all of this for the blog!
Let’s see what I can get done... It would be nice to get more of that first show edited together, because I would love to get it ready early for the Sunday night release, with a view to having the follow-up episode possibly ready around that time as well, and be ahead with everything.
Take care and stay safe






Comments
Post a Comment