On The Night Shift
There were two unusual things on Wednesday evening/night... Firstly I was working, which is rare because I normally get Tuesdays and Wednesdays off each week. Secondly I was doing the outer run, which I very rarely do in the week. I normally do the outers on Saturday and Sunday, but here I was covering someone else’s shift.
As if that wasn’t bad enough, I’m actually doing day shifts on New Year’s Eve & New Year’s Day, which will be my first day shifts for three years! Getting up at 3 o’clock in the morning will not be good!
I’m on nights from the 24th to the 28th prior to that. My Christmas will be December 29th and 30th (until about 8pm when I will have to go to bed to be up for 3am on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day of course).
No call outs in the shift for me, so I was able to get around the regular lock ups and run sheet in a fairly relaxed manner, which is good considering that I wasn’t sure what jobs do and don’t need doing on a Wednesday night, considering the already mentioned fact that I don’t normally do that run in the week.
I got some podcast listening in, but not a lot, because they were long shows to fit between the site checks.
Robby The Robot’s Waiting
2 Legs: A Paul McCartney Podcast
The Calm Christmas Podcast
When They Was Fab
Talk More Talk - I’ve still got about thirty minutes left on this to finish!
Got home at six in the morning.
Take care and stay safe.

Comments
Post a Comment