Sunday Night Newness
Sunday 13th December 2020
Finished initial edit of the Christmas Music special episode of Pods Like Us, but still didn’t make the midnight release time.
I didn’t get a whole load of my jobs done at work, mainly because the first hour was taken up by going out to bring a guard from site to home, and then later three hours was spent well out of the area learning some sites from another run on the third mobile run, which was further out than usual.
It took about twenty minutes to meet the other guy at a site just outside of Lincoln, and then I followed him to the seven sites in question.
Once finished, it took about forty minutes to get back to Newark from where the last job was.
Four hours taken out of my time for my own work there.
I thought that I would get more podcast listening in, but I didn’t seem to.
Let’s hope I’ve got those jobs in my head ready for my day shifts on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day!
Podcasts listened to;
Film Bug - trailer, and then the first episode, where presenter Martine spoke with Joe Doughrity, writer and director Corner Store
Cineflek - trailer and then episode 1, where they spoke about Little Miss Sunshine. Somehow they got into the subject of Emma Thompson, where they mentioned her acting in Sense & Sensibility. I think co-wrote the screenplay for it as well, for which I think she won an Oscar?
Betamax Video Club - I listened to episode 4 where they discussed the film Beetlejuice. Thorough, informative, and very well presented/structured.
Reelblend - one of my stalwart shows, which I have to listen to every episode of. They mentioned the fact that the film company Warner Brothers are releasing their entire 2021 slate of films onto steaming (at a cost of course) and open cinemas at the same time. That might not work well for the cinema industry, as I think that people might still be too worried to go out to a cinema with other people in attendance.
Christmas Past - another lovely episode, this time with Brian Earl talking about traditions, how they came about, and the reality behind those mostly erroneous myths!
Take care and stay safe.

Comments
Post a Comment