Transitions, Transmissions

 


December the 26th 2020

Boxing Day - I’m trying to remember what time I got in from work...


I think it was probably around 5:30 in the morning that I got in from work.  I don’t think that I got a good sleep for some reason. Well, I say that, but I’ll get to that one later.


It took me an age to get to sleep, and I probably ended up with about five hours or less all told. I woke up at some point in the afternoon, I don’t know when, but there was very little time to do anything before getting up and ready for work.


Work again...


All these people that get time off for the Christmas season.  Even after getting Christmas off last year, I’m still fed up of working during the season!


I can’t remember what work was like, but it was probably boring.  I listened to Christmas music all night again -


Sting - If On A Winter’s Night

She & Him - Christmas Party

Aimee Mann - One More Drifter In The Snow

Elvis Presley - Elvis’ Christmas Album

Jethro Tull - Christmas Album 

A Prog Rock Christmas

Enya - And Winter Came

Jackson 5 - Christmas Album

Kate Bush - 50 Words For Snow


Sunday December the 27th 2020

Back to podcast listening...


I’d love the time to listen to more Christmas and winter related albums, but I have to get on with listening to podcasts.


I thought that during the Christmas break people would slow down on releasing shows, and that was wrong thinking on my part.


Immediately I had an automated call that could have been an intruder alarm or a CCTV activation on a site. Sometimes that happens, where you get an automated message to respond to, and you have no idea what you’re actually responding to.


You could be arriving to a site with a shed load of people on there robbing the place, or it could be an alarm or CCTV set off by some creature of the night!


Luckily that was my only call of the shift, so I was able to get on with the preset site checks that were on my list of jobs to do.


Podcasts listened to-

Out Of The Blank 

The Gerry Anderson Podcast

Talk More Talk

Beatles Books


Take care and stay safe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pod Files - Monday May 29 2023

The Pod News - Thursday 16 February 2024

The Pod Files - Sunday 5 November 2023