Two Day Turnaround

 


Tuesday December the 29th 2020

After less than four hours sleep, I woke at around 10:30am, but I kept nodding in the afternoon.


At around ten past four I went for an half hour nap, that ended up being a bit more than an hour.


During that day we caught up with some Christmas viewing that saw us watching Blackadder’s Christmas Carol, National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, and Christmas With The Kranks.


I also caught up with a couple of episodes from season five of Agents Of SHIELD.  I’ll be watching The Mandalorian at some point soon as well, which I’m looking forward to from all of the good reviews I’ve heard.


Wednesday December the 30th 2020

I woke up just before 7:30 in the morning, after going to sleep after 2 o’clock.  I had to do something, as I needed to completely change my whole system because of doing day shifts on Thursday and Friday, seeing me waking up at 3 o’clock in the morning, or perhaps 3:30 at the latest, with the intention of getting to work at 4:30 for a 5 o’clock start, because I believe that both days are going to be incredibly busy.


At eight o’clock I got out of bed and made both me and Louise a cup of tea, as well as getting myself a bowl of cereal.


Louise eventually woke at about nine o’clock, and I surfed the social networks on my phone in the interim.


We carried on our Christmas viewing by watching The Muppet Christmas Carol, which is actually a very effective adaptation of the story.


Then Louise got the Amazon Fire Stick in the television to play some Shawn Mendes songs. Our musical tastes have some differences. I don’t mind, as I’m open musically.


It was only playing while Louise was sorting out some lunch.


We started to watch It’s A Wonderful Life, but I started nodding off, so we stopped the film, and I went to bed a little after seven ready to get up at three in the morning!


That didn’t quite work out...


I put earplugs in because the neighbour next door was using his punchbag, which just gets more and more irritating - he was using it at eight o’clock in the morning, and when Louise came to join me at about twenty past nine.


I put the earplugs back in, but Rocky carried on, and irritated the hell out of Louise who, at a quarter to twelve, went to sleep on the settee...


I overslept and woke up at twenty-five past three, as I didn’t hear that alarm go off with my earplugs in!


I went out to my car to leave at around twenty past four, de-iced, and then had to scrape away the inside of the windscreen. Minus six degrees centigrade outside!


Hey, I’ve gone into Thursday there! That’s the next post! First day shift in years...


Take care and stay safe.


PS - I almost titled this “Turnaround Jump Shot” after a lyric from Paul Simon’s song Boy In The Bubble! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pod Files - Monday May 29 2023

The Pod News - Thursday 16 February 2024

The Pod Files - Sunday 5 November 2023