Two Days, Todays, Two Days


Saturday 5th of December 2020 night shift

Already tired before even starting the shift, after less than three hours of sleep.


Somehow got through the shift, and there were no alarm calls, which was great in that I could get on with the normal site checks that were on my board.  I think it was somewhere between 200 and 250 miles that I clocked up.




2 Legs: A Paul McCartney Podcast

Reelblend

Punky Radio

Robby The Robot’s Waiting

Out Of The Blank




Sunday 6th of December 2020

So, I got in from work at about twenty past five in the morning, saying that I’ll limit myself to going to bed at six.


It turned out to be around half past six... Not bad for me!


I got to sleep a little after seven I think.


For some reason I woke at 8:45am think it was three in the afternoon.  Realised very quickly that it wasn’t, and went back to sleep relatively quickly, which is very different to the usual! Normally once I’m awake, I can’t get back to sleep, so I must have been really tired.


I’m always tired lately, and I’m pissed off with the Covid-19 restrictions!  I’m getting grumpier with every day that passes, and I’m finding it harder to want to even carry on quite frankly!  I’m either at work or home, and nowhere else.  I usually like staying in, but this is ridiculous!



I got up a couple of minutes before two in the afternoon.  The alarm was set for 2:30, which is the famous dentist appointment time, and as I always think in these circumstances “it’s close enough, so I may as well get up!”


Got up, made us both a cup of tea, and I had some weetabix (shop brand of course), which had a little bit of plastic in it!  I made nothing of it, although Louise said that I should have sent it to them to complain.


I don’t like to make waves.


After that it was a trip to Morrison’s again for three bags full of shopping.


Got back home, switched laptop on to carry on making space, only to be greeted by a disk check that I was too late noticing to cancel it.


Sat and drank my coffee while disk checking took about twenty minutes.  Then I switched it back off, because that was my me time all over.


Finish coffee, get ready, go to work.


Groundhog groundhog groundhog......



Sunday 6th of December 2020 night shift

So, the night shift turned out to be a pain from beginning to end, with the fog making it particularly difficult to do the job. I could perhaps see for a few meters or so in front of me, which didn’t help the lorry that almost took me out when I was trying to get back onto the A1 from the junction at Sutton-On-Trent.


I slammed my brakes on hard to avoid a collision, as they seemed to be veering into my on-flow lane and back onto the road when they saw me at the last moment.


My thermos flask was a victim in this unfortunate braking, as the work board flew ahead from the passenger seat into the bagged flask.


It took an age to clean the coffee from the foot well in front of the passenger seat.


I finished work about forty-five minutes too late, at 6:45am, being happy that the whole thing was done!



Podcast listening -

The Strange Brew

The Gerry Anderson Podcast

15 Minute Wisdom

Comicbook Nation

The Calm Christmas Podcast

The Corona Diaries

Watchlist

Late Fee Cinema


So, I had to nip home before parking the car, as there were no parking spaces, and I had no change for the car park.


I was supposed to be having three days off, but some “moaning Minnie” at work was going on about covering my Monday night shift, so I’ve ended up covering his Wednesday night shift.


That’s really messed things up, as I had plans, but had to change them for that arsehole. 


Tonight (Monday) I’m recording a couple of bonus episodes of Pods Like Us, then it would have been two days of editing, including trying to work out how to do the opening tune with ukulele, glockenspiel, sleigh bells, tambourine, and bongos.


We were also going to go out somewhere for a walk on Wednesday, which would be our first since the first lockdown nine months ago.


That won’t happen then thanks to, erm, that person! Two days off now instead of the three planned.


Take care and stay safe.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pod Files - Friday 26 September 2025

49 to 50

The Pod Files - Thursday 25 September 2025