I Think I Know What I Did The Last Two Days Off

 


Tuesday January the 19th 2021

Finished work late again. Got in at around half past eight or so, maybe later.  Intended to wake up at midday, but it was more like 2 in the afternoon or so.


Crikey, exercising my brain here trying to think about three days ago, especially when I normally type notes up on the days in question, and then that becomes the actual blog post!


Because of that, we’ll look at it like this;


Tuesday and Wednesday-

During the two days off I actually got to watch the first two episodes of The Mandalorian, and I know that the good things said about it weren’t hyperbole! It really is that good. It beautifully fits into that classic Star Wars universe, but without being weighed down by the Skywalker family millstone! 


I’ve just realised that I didn’t watch any episodes of Star Trek Discovery, which I need to get a crack on with! That and only just starting The Mandalorian are keeping me behind on the podcast Robby The Robot’s Waiting, because they have two episodes that specifically talk about those shows!


I went and picked up my new laptop on Tuesday, after getting a message on Monday at five to six telling me it was ready for collection, from a place that closed at six. Clever!


I got software downloaded to the machine, and put anti-virus and malware software on there as well.


Thursday

On Thursday I caught up with Dave and Gill in an online zoom chat, which will be used by all of us as an episode or two (or four I guess in the case of Dave) of each other’s shows. We’ve nicknamed ourselves Trio Of Pods, which I think Dave came up with. It fits well!


The chat was due to start at 4pm, but at 3:25 pm the new laptop requested a restart for updates to work.


At 4pm it was still restarting, so over to the phone I went...  Luckily Dave was recording everything as well, because after me coming out and then restarting the zoom call, the settings weren’t the same, and there was no recording!


There were no prearranged notes or anything, but instead just the idea of three friends talking, and seeing what came of it!


The presidential inauguration, Miles Davis, Jimi Hendrix, James Brown, Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor, punch-ins, tape splicing, editing software and plug-ins...


One hour and fifteen minutes later we agreed to catch up again next week to talk  more, where I would then make an episode of Pods Like Us from them both!


Dave said he’d recorded everything with the intention of creating some different episodes of his show Live Life Loud: The Decibolic Podcast, and we said we’d get the recordings over to Gill to use for The Mind Buzz.


Louise made some great food during the two nights off, with the homemade pizza being some yummy, using Quorn meat free pepperoni and a blend of cheddar and mozzarella cheese! Yum yum! 


Take care and stay safe.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pod Files - Monday May 29 2023

The Pod News - Thursday 16 February 2024

The Pod Files - Thursday 22 February 2024