Sunday Night Podding

  


Sunday January the 24th 2021


I woke up too early, and couldn’t get back to sleep.  It was probably around half past six to a quarter to seven before I fell asleep, and then I woke at about nine, and then again around midday, at which point I did try to get back to sleep, but gave up after about twenty minutes.


“Do you have any stress, Marv?” Who doesn’t, especially nowadays! I had stress all of the time already, and these times exacerbate that to the nth degree. 


There I am as an essential key worker, out at work doing what I have to, but even people who are doing what they should are still being affected! It’s ridiculous.


With the new idea of listening to longer podcasts on Saturday and Sunday, I thought I’d write a suggested listening list out. 


Well I started well, but with a new episode of The Corona Diaries coming on the Monday and the beginning of Songstripper’s second season suddenly happening, that initial plan changed.


Not a bad night though, with me ripping through the work at an quicker rate than my usual self. It must be the great company from those podcast shows! 


Mind you, I say it started well, but actually it took more well over two hours to finish listening to the podcast left from the previous shift! I was busy at the start of the shift, and obviously I can’t explain in what way I was busy!



Podcast listening -


Finished listening to Things We Said Today from the previous shift, and then went on to...


Songstripper - Phil & Tim talking with the great David Arnold for the newly released first episode of season two of their show. I actually assumed that the backing track to The World Is Not Enough was David’s with bits added by the guys from Garbage, when it truth it’s all them plus orchestration.


The Gerry Anderson Podcast - Jamie & Richard telling us what’s going on in the world of Gerry Anderson related projects, giving us fab facts, and a superb first part of an interview with Catherine Schell. In the randomiser Chris Dale watches and responds to an episode of the show The Protectors named Disappearing Trick. 


The Strange Brew Podcast - Jason talks with original Heart bassist Steve Fossen. Great chat, and I never realised that Ann & Nancy Wilson weren’t members originally!


The Mindbuzz - episode 9 The Drug Paradox. Gill and his friend Adam talking about the strange history of psychotropic drugs that includes looking at Charles Manson, the unibomber, government tests, prison testing, and much more. 




The Corona Diaries- (episode 38) Ant Short & Steve Hogarth. Lauren Bacall “would have been handy in a fight in  Doncaster”, the same diary entry (March 21st)  was read two consecutive weeks (the previous two episodes). Drunk Finnish person singing along to Brave at Helsinki, and shushing the audience.


H continues his predictions for the future from the previous episode- 

  1. Vaccine for malaria
  2. The demise of the mp3 - out of interest, we don’t even have 3G in our area.
  3. Charles will become King
  4. Scotland becomes independent
  5. Donald Trump to become guilty of tax fraud and other crimes to get a prison sentence.
  6. The licence fee will be abolished 
  7. Britain to rejoin European Union 
  8. Pandemics will become more frequent due to overpopulation - what do you suggest? Restrict couples to single children until the population halves?


Diary reading - Sat 26 March - Thu 31 March 

Shower with only hot water. Two shows at Paradiso in Amsterdam. Utrecht Music Centrum. An aside from me here to say that I remember as an eleven year old thinking that Utrecht was a nice place. 


Should I send H a picture of gravel to use as a screensaver? Playing darts with machetes and axes!!!!! 


How many bloody notes for The Corona Diaries?!?!?!


Take care and stay safe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pod Files - Monday May 29 2023

The Pod News - Thursday 16 February 2024

The Pod Files - Sunday 5 November 2023