Mad Monday

 


Monday February the 22nd 2021.

Hmm...


I got to sleep at around 8 o’clock I think, and woke up at about 11:30 because of the gas man being due.


After their gas inspection last Wednesday, suddenly we had no hot water or heating. 


He decided to come on Monday, and said it would be the afternoon, and no specific time...


He turned up at 4:10pm, so no chance to grab forty winks before leaving for a five o’clock start. My colleague, Ken, is off, so I’m covering the earlier start (and finish) shift.


I got into trouble for turning down a job. Hey. I didn’t want to stay past my time! That’s the problem - if an alarm comes in then I have to go to it, no matter how close to the end of the shift it is. I’m not fond of that, but it’s how it is.


Okay...


Under normal circumstances I get it. However, the job in question was in an area where there was a driver with nothing to do for two hours after my finishing time, and I have never worked their sites, which are in a different county. He didn’t want to do it because he wanted to relax, and that was how he put it. My argument is that I wasn’t going to send either myself or another driver from the area I’m in to respond to a call that he should have taken. So, when he said he wouldn’t go, then nobody did.


I may get into trouble if anyone reads this from my workplace, but quite frankly I’m passed giving a shit! In some ways I’d rather die homeless on the street than keep this going.


Actually, do I mean that? I’m not sure...


I just find that the more things carry on as they are, the more irritable I get. Perhaps when all the Covid thing is over, I’ll be able to go out with my love and relax, rather than a mix of being at work or being indoors? 


I know that these times are tough for everyone. I’m sorry for ranting.


Suggested Monday listening -

Strange Brew - LONG 

When They Was Fab - MID πŸ‘πŸ» 

The Corona Diaries - MID πŸ‘πŸ» 

Songwriters & Original Songs - MID

Spy Hards - MID πŸ‘πŸ» 

Adam & Craig’s GPC - MID πŸ‘πŸ» 

Delta Flyers - MID

Binge Bros - MID πŸ‘πŸ» 

Beatles Books - MID

Yes Music Podcast - SHORT


Podcast notes (shouted to Siri) -

Note - because of the shitty and busy night that I had,  I didn’t take as many notes as I would normally.


The Corona Diaries - Steve “H” Hogarth & Ant Short. “keyboard players always look as though they’re in the kitchen cooking breakfast!” πŸ˜‚ H in diary - Geneva to Madrid. Concert sound problems. Barcelona - airport built for an Olympics. An explosion occurred when Ian hit a glass door with his suit case. 11:30pm gig two hours out of Barcelona. It was that far up a mountain that he only expected shepherds and sheep in the audience! Bizarrely a great venue with en suite facilities! Day off in Toulouse. 


When They Was Fab  EdLonnie & Ethan presenting. An episode about the George Harrison videos. They played the original version of Got My Mind Set On You. Lovely sound clip of Geddy Lee talking about Paul McCartney. Great informative episode again... I wish that I wasn’t both busy and pissed off! There are so many mentions in this that also appear in the latest episode of Pods Like Us


SpyhardsScott & Cam discuss the film The Man From UNCLE. Directed by Guy Ritchie. Starring Henry Cavill & Armie Hammer




Adam & Craig’s Guilty Pleasure Cinema - looking at Daylight starring Sylvester Stallone, directed by Rob Cohen (Fast & The Furious, XXX)Craig says that “The Poseidon Adventure” did it better, to which Adamsays “it was actually originally written as a sequel to that exact film, but was reworked. “Take Roy off the grid”... “they’re shit with feet!” My take without watching it - is it Die Hard In A Tunnel? “Daylight Actually!” Lol πŸ˜‚ 


Binge Bros - presented by Natty & Joey. They’re talking about films that make more sense on a second watch. Review of Malcolm & Marie


Full Cast & Crew - this shorter episode is looking at the film Starman, starring Jeff Bridges & Karen Allen, and directed by John Carpenter. This story was originally one of those alongside the story known as Night Skies to be Steven Spielberg’s follow up to Close EncountersStarman was seen as very dark, and Night Skies got so many rewrites to become ET! I didn’t realise that 14 years after this there was a spin-off tv series with the child of the Starman as the main character. 


Producing The BeatlesJason Kruppa looks at the story behind Eleanor Rigby, including George Martin being inspired by Bernard Hermann’s film scores, especially Psycho


Producing The Beatles- another episode, this time looking at the use of multi-track. 


Take care and stay safe.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pod Files - Monday May 29 2023

The Pod News - Thursday 16 February 2024

The Pod Files - Sunday 5 November 2023