Friday March 19th 2021

 


Friday March 19th 2021

I got in at about twenty past eight, in bed a little before nine, and fell asleep a bit after. I rarely drop off quickly, and in fact can’t remember ever dropping off without trouble. I got up at about three o’clock, and left for work at about twenty past four.


I started work earlier because of an appointment for my first AstraZeneca Covid-19 injection on Saturday morning.


Luckily it was a fairly steady night, although once again Andy on mobile 2 was chatty on the phone. I needed to talk him through an alarm response the phone as well, as his tablet with site details wouldn’t boot up the necessary software. 


Fri Podcast suggestions -

Sail On 0:58 👍🏻 

Adam & Craig’s GPC 0:38 (Feb 25) 👍🏻 

Binge Bros 0:42 👍🏻 

Comicbook Nation 1:26 👍🏻 

Film Gold 0:55 👍🏻 

Keeping Up... Cardassians 0:50 👍🏻 

Late Fee Cinema 0:58 👍🏻 

Live Life Loud 0:19 HEARD THURSDAY

No Fear Finance 0:16 👍🏻 

Out of the Blank 0:50 (ep724) 👍🏻 

Darwin’s Deviations 0:15 👍🏻 

Delta Flyers 0:43 👍🏻 

The Night’s End 0:31 👍🏻 


Carried Over From Thursday -

Out Of The Blank 0:48 (ep726) NOT HEARD YET

Producing The Beatles 0:21 👍🏻 



My listening -

Adam & Craig’s Guilty Pleasure Cinema - the big bad horror movie villain showdown! Adam and Craig make the classic horror villains battle it out to find out who’s the evilest of them all. Duke ‘em out bitches!!!


Out Of The Blank - episode 724. Robbie talks with Ken Cruz from the podcast Where The Scary Things Are, where Ken talks to horror movie makers.. Ken introduces himself and gives out his details, to which Robbie responds “you haven’t even said hi yet”! Hahaha. Ken makes models as well. Steven Seagal, limbs removed in horror movies, werewolf on an aeroplane, pilots turn into zombies, M Night Shyamalan, internet usage, old posts being commented on, children committing suicide because of social network problems, things that should be taught in school. My god, how many subjects are they getting into fifty minutes?!?!?! Real friends and fake friends. “Keep the good ones close!” “The best things are unscripted” - yes! 


Sail On - first episode is an introduction to Wyatt & Jason. Own music in background? They say how they got into the band, family, musical background, and top ten Beach Boys albums. Beach Boys music in the background while talking about the songs. 


Keeping Up With The Cardassians - Rob & Nick talking about the Star Trek Deep Space Nine episodes The Passenger & Move Along Home. Rabbit hole straight away with them going into the politics of Detroit. Sexuality focus, with the idea of beauty being the same for every species seemingly. I agree that these episodes were both bad. I hate to say this, but Alexander Siddig was really bad in The Passenger. “A la marane one two three, a la marane come with me...” Move Along Home is an episode of Star Trek that I’ve always really disliked! By the way Nick & Rob, from memory my rankings would be 3 and 2 respectively! 


Binge Bros - Natty & JoeyNetflix is looking at barring multiple log-ins at the same time. That bugs me because I might watch five or ten minutes of something while Louise is watching a programme on there. Aquaman 2 has begun filming. I hope it’s much better than the first one! Review of the film Cherry


The Delta Flyers - Garrett & Robbie talking about the first season of Star Trek Voyager episode Heroes & DemonsVikings, the Doctor, photonic energy, Beowulf, pronunciation guide, Freya. “I know, let’s bring this unknown thing onboard without checking it out first!” Freya actress apparently looks exactly like Bob Picardo’s wife. A “weenus” is the piece of skin at the end of the elbow. Edutainment you see! “Invasion of the weenuses!” 


Late Fee Cinema - Ryan & Carson speaking with actor/writer/director/producer  Hannah Pearl Utt. Film enthusiasts/filmmakers Ryan & Carson once again conduct a fun chat, getting some fascinating filmmaking insights from a very open Hannah


Film Gold - Antony is joined by his niece Olivia Asante-Siaw to discuss The Social Network, a film I’ve never seen. Olivia is into all sorts of films, with her favourite genre possibly being romantic comedies. Olivia is right in that it’s very difficult to find films to stream that were made before 1980!  An interesting discussion about changing details for “true stories”! Great piece of information from Olivia about targeting used by Netflix, which I screen grabbed on my phone, and put up on Instagram! Derren Brown and John Lennon are mentioned. Olivia mentions MySpace being before her time, which is ironic when you think that Justin Timberlake owns MySpace


No Fear Finance - great financial advice from Sara Desantis again, this time based on what she’s learnt from the non-financial book “The Defining Decade: Why Your Twenties Matter And How To Make The Most Of Them Now” by Meg Jay


Darwin’s Deviations - Darwin talking about the “Trichobatrachus robustus, a.k.a the Hairy/Horror/Wolverine frog”. Good grief, does this guy have all of this cool stuff in his head? DAMN! This show is so much fun with it’s interludes, character voices, and excitement. Actually I mentioned something previously that I don’t think I was right about. There’s no offensiveness whatsoever in this show, and I think that it would be great as a show for teenagers onwards. Very educational! Take that back, there was an F bomb 25 seconds before the end! 


I got an extra listen in, which I started at work,
and finished on the way home!

The Night’s End - Jimmy Horrors reads the story Elevator Of The Dead by Robert P Ottone. Show notes description - “A Legal Assistant finishing work for the night goes on an elevator ride that he will never forget.” 


Comicbook Nation - Kofi OutlawMatt Aguilar & Janell Wheeler, with guests JK Schmidt & Adam BarnardtKofiJK & Adam giving a spoiler free review of The Falcon & The Winter Soldier. Spoiler free review of Zack Snyder’s Justice LeagueKofi mentions that they’re doing a bonus show filled with spoilers about Justice League. I didn’t think that we had it anywhere in the UK, but have found out that SKY have it, and I can’t really afford yet another subscription service. I actually wish that we would dispose with the legally binding television licence we have to pay over here, and then is possibly use that £160 better. Word of fact - even if you watch streamed television without an aerial, you still have to pay for a television licence! Matt goes through comics. Kofi has a great long form interview with Star Wars: The High Republic novelist and comicbook writer Cavan Scott


Producing The Beatles - Jason Kruppa looks at how George Martin produced the first four singles. Wow, From Me To You - call and response section added by George Martin, who also suggested the harmonica use. Recorded using two track recording, original instruments on track one, and main vocal on track two, then bounced that to one track on another tape for harmonica overdubs on that second track. Also another tape was created with the first tape’s tracks bounced to add backing vocals. Those two tapes then without synchronising machinery available at that time had play pressed at the same time to record everything to a third two track recorder! She Loves You was spliced together from six takes, something that happened even in the fifties such as Blueberry Hill by Fats Domino in 1955. 


Take care and stay safe. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pod Files - Friday 26 September 2025

49 to 50

The Pod Files - Thursday 25 September 2025