Monday March the 22nd 2021

 


Monday March the 22nd 2021

Monday... 


So after dropping off a bit after ten o’clock, I think that I got up at about 3:30pm. I posted up the first draft edit of the Pods Like Us Meets Spyhards episode, hoping that it would be okay.


It was the first think that I listened to in the night shift, and I thought it was okay, although there were bits where I thought that normally I’d have tightened it up better! 


The usual van was out of commission for the night shift, so that meant having to listen to podcasts over my Bluetooth earpiece, and with being a different van, the charger wasn’t quick enough to keep to with the power being used by the podcast player!


I listened to what I could, but at a certain point had to listen to over an hour of music on the radio, which was irritating!


I decided that I would try to see what I can get listened to when I’m back on Thursday night.


On the way home I left my car at the garage to get the CV joint sorted out.


Mon Podcast suggestions-

Notts Rocks 01:18 ep23 

Binge Bros 0:46 

Watchlist 0:44 HEARD SUNDAY 👍🏻 

Court Case with James Court 1:13 👍🏻 

Full Cast & Crew (ep86) 0:56 👍🏻 

Xander & Stone (ep5) 0:36 👍🏻 

Frame By Frame 0:30 👍🏻 

Yes Music Podcast 0:27 👍🏻 

This Week In Marvel 1:01 

The Mindbuzz 1.25 

Snap Shots 0:25 👍🏻 

Dinner & A... 0:10 👍🏻




Full Cast & Crew - Jason Silo is joined by comedy writer Ted Jessup (Family GuyKilborn, etc), to talk about The Odessa File. “The only actor in Anaconda acknowledging the film’s quality!” Ted loves all sorts of movies. Jason had only recently seen The Seven Ups with Roy Scheider, which led him to more films of Roy’s. The deep dive into seventies cop films is fabulous. 


Xander & Stone - “sponsored by the U2 song Until The End Of The World”! Part two of the “End Of The World” saga. pandemic from the ice age - “it was all covered in Jurassic Park”! -Super Volcanic Explosions. Super pandemics. Xander’s relative was the first person to hatch a penguin from an egg. #DramaticEndings “war of the worlds 2”? 


Yes Music Podcast - introduced by Bill BrufordKevin & Mark joined by guest Jacob, a musician and podcaster from Bristol, whose show is called Underrated Overhated. They’re looking at Yes song lyrics. “When Lyrics Go Wrong” - a possible new tv show from these guys? 


Dinner & A ... - everything related to travelling based on Magda’s Shepherd’s Pie. Book suggestion is the murder mystery The Thursday Murder Club by Richard Osman. Blaine reviews for www.mysteryandsuspense.com The book is being made into a series. Film - The Professor & The Madman, a British film that tells the story of the creation of the Oxford English Dictionary. Blaine likes Natalie Dormer! 


Frame By Frame - Ryan and Avery are looking at the song Pictures Of A City. There’s an older version called A Man A City. Forty Second Treadmill. 


Court Case - episode one. James Court with his girlfriend, Sweet Tee Yates. First up is African people who haven’t worn masks digging graves for those who have died of COVID-19. Even after four years as a radio presenter, James doesn’t have a job in the industry, so he’s started a podcast using his surname as a pun. Incel person arrested for rape and death threats. When they were talking about AI suddenly their own AI started up in the background. The history of James & Sweet Tea’s relationship as well as her nickname. In university James did a show called In Your Face With James Court, there was a segment called Courting With James that one of the other guys came up with, that he’s now using in this show. Someone left a message on Reddit asking “my girlfriends grandfather is coming to visit, and he is a five star Michelin chef, and I’m supposed to be providing dinner. What should I do, because I can’t cook for shit?” This guy doesn’t even own any dishes to serve food on! “Communication is key!” They want someone on Masterchef to just say “hey mate, this meal is the shit!” Hahaha!!! talking about the show The Boys. A woman left a message to say that a guy she met climaxed in his underwear when he saw her and went off embarrassed, what should they do? Ahem, she ended up owning the situation! Why are Nestle the worst company in the world? 




I Know I Know - this first episode he called the series Crackerbox Podcast. I’ll listen to it another time because it’s difficult to hear in the hands free earpiece... I’m looking forward to it though. 


The Night’s End - Jimmy tells the story Humes by A E Stueve. From the notes - “In the far-flung future, saving the world from its imminent destruction caused by mankind falls to vampires. Our narrator trains a young vampire on how to do just that.” “I’m not your brother!” “I’m the f***ing Batman!” 


Snapshots - Blaine Desantis. The topic is one hit wonders of e seventies. Nov 3 1979 - Pop Music by M, who’s real name was Robin Scott, with his brother and sister-in-law, with a picture of his daughter on the single’s cover. Sep 18 1976 - Play That Funky Music by Wild Cherry. Trivia question - the US billboard hot 100 music chart was in 1958. What was the first number one? Jackie Blue by The Ozark Mountain Daredevils - May 17 1975. The band were originally going to be called The Cosmic Corncob & His Amazing Ozark Mountain Daredevils. King Fu Fighting by Carl Douglas - Dec 7 1974. He had three hours of recording time, and at 2 hours fifty minutes the studio passed him this song to record, and he put down both of his vocal tracks in that last ten minutes! 


Grumble Goat - Mat Labotka and Veronique Hurley. Wearing jeans in bed. Podcaster Rocio Mendes (Rocio and Mercedes) joins Mat and Veronique. “Roach Ninja”🪳🥷 ooh that’s nasty about the PlayStation, Mat! In a tent you can go to sleep in outdoor clothes because the tent “is out in the dirty!” 


Take care and stay safe.


Carried over -

Phase Zero estimated 0:56 

The Rayhart Rundown 1:05 

Film Sack 1:59 

Queen Pod 2:15 

Out of the Blank 0:48 & 01:45 (ep 726 & 728) 

The Night’s End x2 0:24, 0:17 & 0:20 👍🏻 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pod Files - Friday 26 September 2025

49 to 50

The Pod Files - Thursday 25 September 2025