Saturday March 20th 2021

 


Saturday March 20th 2021


I got in from work at about half past five, and got into bed at 6am. Louise’s alarm went off at 7:30am. She got up a little before eight. At about twenty past eight she came in to look for clothes. I got up at nine. 


I had a coffee and some cereal. Then I did my teeth, got dressed, and we made our way to the doctors for our first AstraZeneca injection (the second is June 5th). 


Our times were down as 9:56 and 9:57am. We arrived there at 9:43am, and were out before 9:55! It was like a military operation with people there telling you where to go, and then in under a minute the details were given to you, questions were answered, and the jab was done. In and out like a human conveyor belt.


We slowly made our way back home, where I went back to bed, and got up at 2:30pm.


Work wasn’t the best.  As I carried on at work, I got more tired, my head was aching, and my limbs were weak.


I took some Anadin Plus at about 11pm, which eventually made things more bearable. 


Podcast listening wasn’t easy, with people ringing up, and my headache never completely went.


I was on Mobile 2, which was the out of town run that saw me driving all over the place to do my site checks. Matt on mobile 1 loves to talk, and some time after 3am I stopped listening to anything, because the tablets had stopped working, and it was hurting to listen to anything at all.


Side effects from the jab I guess.


When I got home at 5:20am I got ready and fell asleep very easily for me...


Toad in Farndon.

Sat Podcast suggestions -

The Gerry Anderson Podcast 01:35 πŸ‘πŸ» 

Reelblend 01:20 FAIL 

Darwin’s Deviations 00:16 FAIL

Queen Pod 2:20 πŸ‘πŸ» 

2 Legs 1:07 FAIL

Lost & Found & Rewound 1:24 πŸ‘πŸ» 

The Night’s End x2 0:22 & 0:24 FAIL

The Corona Diaries 01:07 πŸ‘πŸ» 


The listening -

The Corona Diaries - Steve “H” Hogarth & Ant ShortH says “it isn’t easy to shut up for that long” when Antmentions that he has to be quiet for the intro. Pete Trewavas from Marillion apparently went to school with Robin Boult, who is a co-writer and one of the guitarist for FishH loves co-writing lyrics with John HelmerHhad the decision in January 1989 between being a live keyboard player for The The or the lead singer of Marillion. Ant mentions the podcast “David Tennant Does A Podcast With...” while they’re talking about “imposter syndrome”. H is “the thing at the front of the ship with it’s tits out!” Diary - H questioning taking the lead role in the staged version of The Who’s Tommy. The Dutch fans apparently like telling you if there were problems at concerts. Lovely evening tea in Oxford on a tour break. Smart arse audience at Guildford gig. Ant brings up the catering disagreements with the band inviting people back for food, which takes the away from the crew. “Hardened Prose!” 


The Gerry Anderson Podcast - fab fact about the changing cast of UFO. Jamie and Richard’s favourite episodes of Gerry Anderson shows. Jamie gives news on what’s going on at his farm. News - Thunderbirds model kits by BachmanThunderbird 6 logo t-shirt available, Gerry Anderson Day coming up, Chris Dale’s Metamorphosis Of Space 1999 video on YouTube,  Chris Dale in charge of Instagram account, and store orders still having trouble because of postal problems. Questions from listeners. Magazine writer and scriptwriter David Hirsch interviewed by podcast producer Ben PaigeDavid made friends with Gerry and tried to help with development of programmes. For instance, tv companies wouldn’t pay for David to be a part of the team behind Terrahawks, but he did write stories for it. The US got Secret Service before Joe 90! “Embrace the weirdness!” Firestar 5Mystery Science Theatre 3000Chris Dale randomiser choice is Stingray episode The Lighthouse Dwellers. “If I knew they were living below the lighthouse then I would have invited them for dinner!” One of Chris Dale’s favourite episode endings. More messages from fans. Don’t forget there’s stuff after the end music!


Queenpod - advert for The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, followed by Ro thanking Queen for allowing the show to use their music and archives. Ro with Suze KempnerSimon Lupton & John Robbins. One listener wrote in to say that he said all 2343 words of the A Night At The Opera album backwards in 16 minutes and 7 seconds and then after his record being beaten he did it again, and this time in 9 m 58s. One show that I actually think I’d do shorter episodes with them as guests than the length of their own shows. Not great quality sound on it, but a great live performance recording of Lazing On A Sunday Afternoon. They’re doing a deep dive into side two of A Night At The Opera. Myself and John both have the same favourite track from the album as a whole, which is the profit song! Interesting piece from John Robbins about what Brian listened to as a child - Temperance Seven with You’re Driving Me Crazy, Mantovani’s Magic Orchestra with Charmaine, and the show Sparky’s Magic Piano. I’ve always found it interesting that the album version of Love Of My Life is played on piano, but on acoustic guitar live. Live version of Love Of My Life reached no.1 in Argentina in 1981, and stayed in the charts for 52 weeks! Next song is Good Company, which I personally think works perfectly with Brian’s lead vocal as opposed to Freddie’s.  John Robbins mentions the podcast Your Kind Of Beatles. Queen news - Live Around The World available to buy on both physical and digital formats. March issue of Record Collector is a Queen special with fan questions to Brian & Roger. Bohemian Rhapsody was number one for nine weeks originally, and then hit number one again (the same version) in December 1991, making it the only song to be Christmas number one twice! I’ve the years BoRap has sold 32.24 million digital sales, making it the sixth best selling digital download! The third best selling single in the UK of all time! Simon mentions the YouTube video Inside The Rhapsody. Suze says that millions of people watched Live Aid on televisions all over the world. It bugs me that I was around then, but I have never seen the whole thing! Bad times. Great story about how Freddie got the press to stand up for God Save The Queen at the album’s launch party! Hahaha. 


Lost & Found & Rewound - Chris, Jim & Rick are joined by guest Rose Rewound discussing the Karate Kid universe. Shout out to me and Louise from Chris at 09:40. Navel gaze music genre or genre fluid. Jim admits that he has never seen any of the karate kid films or the back to the future films, and he has only seen the Godfather part three! Same director and composer as Rocky! Rose points out that it’s impossible for someone to learn over a couple of months how to beat martial artists who have been practicing professionally for many years!“Are we all bullying Donald Trump?” underdog. “Cat from outer space” an underdog movie according to Jim. “chasing chickens”. Fence painting a clever wink to Tom Sawyer. 36 Chambers, Shaolin. Pat Morita was 52 when this was made, playing a 67 year old. I’d heard about the fact that the film company didn’t want the “comedy actor” Pat Morita. Great shout from Rick about the song Intruder by Peter Gabriel. I’m sure that me and my friend Sergio would be on Rick’s show about drums! I love their chatting about music - Gang Of Four, Survivor, Shriekback. 


I stopped listening after this because I was feeling effects from the earlier vaccination - headache, tiredness, weakness. 


Take care and stay safe 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pod Files - Friday 26 September 2025

49 to 50

The Pod Files - Thursday 25 September 2025