Sunday March the 21st 2021
Sunday March the 21st 2021 -
As I said, I got to sleep very easily for me, and woke up with the alarm clock at about half past two.
My head wasn’t feeling great, and I was still lethargic. I did a bit more work on the newly released Pods Like Us episode with Scott & Cam from Spyhards, and saved this first edit.
Funnily enough as I’m writing this on Monday, I woke up thinking “sod it, post it up and hope that it’s okay as it is!” I hadn’t got the time to listen to an hour and thirty three minutes of the show to see if it flows well. I feel bad admitting that, but I also feel bad that it’s a day late.
The next episode to be released should be the one with Ryan & Avery from the King Crimson podcast Frame By Frame. That will be Wednesday. Following this will be the episode with Blaine Desantis of the shows “Dinner And A ...” and “Snapshots”. After that will be my chat with Ethan from Cineflek. Then hopefully I’ll have finished the “recorded in three sessions” chat with Dave Belknap. After that I will leave to myself.
Anyway, that’s going off on a tangent!
I went to work and took a couple of Anadin Extra when I got there at 5pm to dull the pain and hopefully lose the lethargy. It kicked in by the time I arrived at a site to give a guard a lift home.
At about 11:30pm I took more Anadin Extra. At around 5am I was feeling better than I had all weekend.
I lost Matt on Mobile One at 9pm because I had to put him on a site to cover a guard who went home to look after his recently born baby, since his girlfriend was going to hospital, due to retinal migraine causing temporary blindness.
I eventually picked up Matt’s list of jobs and added them to mine, getting done what I could.
Matt was back to mobile when the site finished at 6am, so I left just before 7 after finishing writing my reports out.
I listened to a lot of podcast shows, but not as many as I would have liked.
Towards the end of the shift I decided to move over to listening to some music, because it’s been so long!
It took me until a little after ten o’clock to fall asleep - over two hours in bed before dropping off.
Sun Podcast suggestions -
Reelblend 01:20 FROM SAT 👍🏻
2 Legs 1:07 FROM SAT 👍🏻
Darwin’s Deviations 00:16 FROM SAT 👍🏻
The Night’s End x2 0:22 & 0:24 FROM SAT 👍🏻 FAIL
Out of the Blank 01:45 (ep728) FAIL
Delta Flyers 0:56 👍🏻
Phase Zero estimated 0:56 FAIL
The Rayhart Rundown 1:05 FAIL
Film Sack 1:59 FAIL
Queen Pod 2:15 FAIL
Paul Or Nothing 1:46 (ep18) 👍🏻
The Night’s End 0:17 & 0:20 FAIL
(11.3hrs)
Reelblend - non-spoiler reviews of Zack Snyder’s Justice League. Oscar nominations response. Studios suggest what people go up for, but the academy choose in the end who gets nominated for what. The blendgame this time is about Stanley Tucci. Fascinating discussion about the difference between seeing films when they came out at the cinema, as opposed to years later on your television.
2 Legs - the news was about Paul’s upcoming book about 154 of his songs. Also mentioned in passing was the forthcoming McCartney III cover album. Guest this week is Tom Brennan, writer and Macca enthusiast. The subject this week is “bootlegs”. When you get the McCartney archive sets, the bootlegs show you what you’re missing musically as opposed to the Lennon sets! Tom H brings up the Nagra tapes, which makes me hope that he’s listening to the podcast Winter Of Discontent, that breaks down those sessions. I’m in agreement with Andy about the eventual reissue are back to the egg, in that I would love all those pics that he mentioned, but I doubt that they will turn up on the set, because I think that Paul McCartney‘s estate are very picky with what they will put on and not put on to the sets.
The Aud Pod - going all meta, I thought that I’d listen to Mike’s show The Aud Pod, where Mike talks with podcasters and about podcasting. Trailer and then episode one that talks about shows that look into the world of entertainment (celebrities and movies). I’ve just realised that unintentionally I’ve done exactly this at the end of my bitesize shows. I’m sorry Mike, I didn’t know.
Paul Or Nothing - Sam carries on with his look into the album London Town. Apparently according to his guest Maurice Bursztynski the one minute seven seconds long song Backwards Traveller on the album is cribbed from the recorded two minutes and thirty seconds song. I’ve Had Enough music video features Laurence Juber and Steve Holly, from the later Wings lineup that do not really play on the song. “Paul McCartney’s I Just Called To Say I Love You”. I can see where Maurice comes from suggesting a very vaudeville feel to it being very English “with a cheeky wink!” I agree with Maurice that Don’t Let It Bring You Down would have been a great Sandy Denny song. Those harmonies are gorgeous. “A disco sea shanty!”
Darwin’s Deviations - palaeontology. Talking about the creature Dickinsonia. I love the sound effects, voices and fun gothic guy adds to his show! The self referencing of the show is hilarious. bilateral symmetry. F bomb at 10:28.
Delta Flyers - Garrett and Robbie looking at the Voyager season one episode Cathexis. They mention the interview with trekmovie.com Great description of what the word “cathexis” means. After the episode was described by Robbie I remembered the episode, and realised that I hated the episode. Robbie explaining about the one note approach to the Tom Paris character - I agree with him, especially after the ex-maquis’ pasts are just forgotten about! Robbie taking offence at the Native American thing again with Chakotay. The designs were more Incan or Mayan as opposed to native Americans! Mushroom hair! the return of Garrett’s impersonation of Robert Picardo.
The Night’s End - Jimmy Horrors reads the story The Sand by Deborah Sheldon. More great atmosphere with the voices, effects and foley work. Description from the notes - “A businessman trying to secure a contract in a coastal town discovers that something ancient is waking up beneath the shoreline.”
Watchlist - “can you hear me?” Explaining technical hitches straight away. Ben has watched Line Of Duty at last. Tom has a new dog, and her name is Zephy. Ben tells us the top five dogs in television. Tom calls for “justice for Wellhard!” Call out to the Custard TV Podcast. “do we need Neil Morrisey?” Ranking the four main actors of Men Behaving Badly. Spoiler filled look at Zero Zero Zero.
I haven’t watched The Falcon & The Winter Soldier yet, so can’t listen to Phase One!
Take care and stay safe.




Comments
Post a Comment