Thursday March 25th 2021

 


Thursday March 25th 2021

So, after dropping off at around 2 in the morning, I woke up at twenty to six for the toilet, and then had trouble staying awake. Around an hour later I got up.  I did a bit more editing on the forthcoming Sunday episode of Pods Like Us, which will be the episode with the great Blaine Desantis.


So far I’ve thought that everyone I’ve spoken with is great, so I’ll no doubt carry on using that superlative!


I made drinks for both myself and Louise at about ten past eight, after saying when I woke up that I’d wake her with a drink at eight o’clock. Louise was walking through as I stirred the drinks (stirred not shaken).


We were told by the Landlord’s agents that a plumber was coming to finish the bits that they had started to sort out.


I think at about 1pm I was too tired to carry on, so I went back to bed, and I think I got up at half past three or so.


I finished editing the episode for Sunday, and got it set up on Podbean for release that day. 


I left for work late, and started late, in the hope that I won’t get into any trouble.  After all this time I’m fed up with the hours, the moaning, the stress, and the way it just continues to destroy my life - I never get weekends off, and my family/friends do.


As I’ve said to people, listening to podcasts makes it palatable, because then I’m doing something that I love.


It’s a hell of a lot of listening though, especially when I’m trying to catch up on not listening when I had nine days off.


I’ve got another nine days off the week after next!


At 10am I recorded a chat with Jimmy from The Night’s End podcast, which was a fun chat where we went into horror books and films.


At 5pm I had a chat on Zoom with my friend Sam Wheatley as the first in a new idea of mine - get the perspective of people who are listeners of podcasts as opposed to podcasters, which then means that I’ll get it for all sides.


The work van is still in the garage.  When one of the other drivers had a bulb problem, they damaged the wiring trying to change the bulb, which shorted out the whole lighting of the vehicle.


The back-up van has no way to listen to anything in it, so listening to podcasts was through the earpiece in my right ear all night.


Not the best idea, but needs must.


My listening was restricted though, and it took from 7:20pm to midnight to get my phone from 14% up to 100% power, but then it needed to get plugged back in at times.


At ten past five, when Andy on Mobile 2 was back at the office, I moved into their van with the CarPlay.


Podcast suggestions -

The Mindbuzz 1:04 👍🏻 

This Week In Marvel 1:01 👍🏻 

Binge Bros 0:46

Phase Zero 0:56 👍🏻 

The Night’s End 0:24, 0:17 & 0:20 👍🏻 

The Aud Pod 0:22 (ep10) 👍🏻 

I know I Know 0:13 (ep1)

Bad Counsel 1:10 👍🏻 


The MindbuzzGill and Atom looking at politics, the flatearthers, aliens raping us in our sleep, sleep paralysis, astral projection, deconstructing Gill’s dreams of whorehouses, Nancy Pelosi, social networks are “like antisocial media”. Atom has the giggles so much, lol. “Have you seen this man?” 


Phase Zero - Brandon, Jim & Jenna with guest Soups. which Avenger would each of the presenters watch Zack Snyder’s Justice League with. Episode one of The Falcon and The Winter Soldier. Poster for Loki. [06:00] Kingsley Benadiere cast as unnamed villain in Secret Wars. Venom 2 cinema release moved. I’m listening now because of the fact that I watched The Falcon and the Winter Soldier while I was off! “The Falcon Or The Winter Soldier!” I’m with BD in that I wasn’t as enamoured with it as a lot of other people were. I think I said already that I thought the opening to Wandavision was better from my point of view! “Jim Viscardi is out next week!!!” BD’s first meeting with Sebastian Stan. Interview with F&TWS director Kari Skogland. 


This Week In Marvel - Ryan, Lorraine & JMI, otherwise known as “sexy Mr Potato Head!” Everyone post fake moustaches to Lorraineas she has moustache envy of Ryan & James! JMI’s rant, hahaha! Marvel Declassified and Marvel Method can now be heard through podcasting networks. New games coming. The United States Of Captain America comicbooks. Eighty years of Captain America. Interview with cinematographer for Wandavision, Jess Hall. 


Bad Counsel - Jack is a kiss ass according to Katy for asking how Tim is. Greg says that they can help with anything that Tim needs. Tim gets deep straight away! Girl came back after sex to find her boyfriend weeping because he so overcome by emotion. Greg says he got choked up over Field Of DreamsGreg sings at around 8:10! I want an official Bad Counsel album now, that you could get from one of those adverts they put in the television stations that run out of programmes and loop ads! Octopus/tentacle porn! Eh?!?!?! A father’s daughter has used her periods as an excuse to not do work, and the father worked out she was lying by tracking them. I think it’s extreme for him to do that. [27:50] Why did Xander laugh when Stone mentioned about her boss docking her? [32:20] Greg singing again! Ahem, this is where to go for information. Erm, thanks. You have to listen to the show to hear about the conference meeting incident... I don’t know how to paraphrase it! Ricky asks whether he should pretend to be a different self with meeting his girlfriend’s parents for the first time. My review is read out at the end, lol 😂 


The Night’s End - Jimmy reads the story Drifting written by Ian A Bain


The Aud Pod - Mike chatting with Adam McKinnon from Romantic About Baseball. I’ve listened to a few episodes of this show now, but at Mike’s suggestion I went to episode ten after listening to the first few episodes, because he said that that was when his show really kicked in, and I can see what he means. I like how Mike gets into the necessary information on how people put their shows together, what equipment and software that they use, and other great information. I don’t mind saying that it’s a great bitesize show about podcasts and podcasters. I can’t believe how close my format is to his without even intending it to be. I’ve only been listening to this show since last weekend, so I will apologise once again. However, Mike’s show is nice and concise, whereas mine is more often that not a more long form show. I think we both make great shows, and I would suggest subscribing to his fantastic show for a great 20 or so minutes. I have! This episode was from December 8th 2020, when I was on my break between seasons. I started the recordings for my show and came up with the format in the middle of September, and his one to one format kicked in at the beginning of December. I don’t feel so bad now, but i found out that I was one in a sea of shows about podcasts relatively quickly anyway! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pod Files - Friday 26 September 2025

49 to 50

The Pod Files - Thursday 25 September 2025