Two Nights Off

My little recording space is taking shape!

 Tuesday March 23rd 2021

I left the office at about 7:50am after the relatively boring Monday night shift, mainly due to the rubbish back up vehicle.

After the shift it was like I’d slid down a rock face, because my back was in such pain.

I dropped the car off at the garage on the way home, and left it there for them to sort out the CV joint. More expense to fork out then!

“It is what it is!”

I got home for about half past eight, in bed for half nine, and up for 2, as opposed to the 11 o’clock I wanted to be up for.

I got a fair bit of tidying of my side done in the bedroom, which took a long while. Then I carried on editing the forthcoming episode of Pods Like Us, surprised with how well I’m doing with getting the episodes done! 

Me and Louise listened to the latest episode of Dave’s show Live Life Loud: The Decibolic Podcast, which was a fun listen with the mention of Lady Astor’s great insults, and a sweet interview with his daughter Serena, who sounds so cool!

Season One of Pods Like Us lasted for 16 episodes over eight weeks, and Season Two is already 16 episodes with the Spyhards episode going out on Monday (a day late).

I’ve got four other episodes in the can to edit for release, and more bookings.  It is going incredibly well. It would be great if some of the people I either thought would be up for showing their support or others who were up for it.

That night we watched episode one of The Falcon & The Winter Soldier, which was okay, if not quite as immediate as Wandavision was!

We also watched a couple of episodes of Criminal Minds on Amazon Prime. 

Wednesday March 24th 2021

I woke up at around 9:30am, with the intention of finishing tidying up my side of the bedroom, moving bits around in there, and hopefully creating some space in there! It would be lovely to fit a chair near to the bedside cabinet, where I could have a recording area for music and podcasting! Pie in the sky idea that given the space available!

As it was, I didn’t get the bedroom started on until later, but I’m very happy with what I had got done! I’ve not quite finished, but it’s probably half an hour or so of work away from the finished job.

After that I plan on getting onto the living room, where I’ve got stuff hanging about that needs tidying - all of those guitars and musical instruments for example!

I feel bad, but not bad enough get rid of any instruments or equipment... ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!

I made the mistake of thinking I was recording a show at 9 that night, but actually it was to be at 9pm their time on Thursday night, 10am my time! 

I arranged a chat with my friend Sam for Thursday afternoon as well, which would be about a half hour chat, for a future Bitesize episode. 

We watched Gogglebox, and a couple of other things that I can’t remember. I couldn’t stay awake!

Ironically that wasn’t the case when we went to bed at around one o’clock, which is really bloody early for me! 

We dropped off after 2... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pod Files - Friday 26 September 2025

49 to 50

The Pod Files - Thursday 25 September 2025