Friday Night Drag



Friday April 16th 2021 -

It was a Friday, so the sleep potential wasn’t great.


I watched a couple of things on YouTube, but not a programme on the TV as such. I didn’t really have the time for anything else.


I got to work at about twenty past five in the evening.


Busy at the beginning with work bits and phone calls. Eventually I got iTunes to shuffle a few songs before listening to podcasts.  I did the same at the end of the shift as well.


Nice message in the evening from Adam of Adam & Craig’s Guilty Pleasure Cinema to say that he likes the episode I’ve edited with them as my guests on Pods Like Us.


That episode is out on Sunday and, in all honesty, I could easily have made two hour and a half episodes from the original footage.


Some initial footage was recorded back in December in a little bit of time before recording a special Christmas break episode.


In February we met again on Zoom and were supposed to talk for an hour and a half at the most.


We talked for about two and a half hours! So much laughter and fun ensued.


If I had thought about it then I could have created an alternative file to build a bonus thirty minute extra episode!


It wasn’t an easy night in a couple of ways.  I’m still not great in the downstairs department, so I was lethargic and slow. A couple of errors in the night, but hopefully I should be okay.




Early iTunes Shuffle -

Love Comes To Everyone - Eric Clapton

Soothsayer - The Mars Volta

All The Way - James Darren

Interquaalude - Thrailkill

Pretty Little Head - Paul McCartney 

Strange Frontier - Roger Taylor

Shirt - Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band


Podcast listening -

2 Legs: A Paul McCartney Podcast - episode 118. Andy & Tom chatting with Denny Seiwell and Fernando Perdoma about their careers and the forthcoming Ram tribute album. Great anecdote from Denny about a fun conversation with Ringo. Eric Dover from Jellyfish on the album! 


Binge Bros - 6 April 2021 episode. “What are acceptable grounds for remaking a movie?” I still disagree with people calling the remake of The Lion King a live action film, because it’s CGI. The Falcon and The Winter Soldier episode three reaction. Natty & Joey don’t understand why Madripoor is suddenly appearing. It’s a place they couldn’t include before because it’s part of the X-Men universe. After this they look at the show The One. 


2 Legs - episode 119. Ranking the songs on Red Rose Speedway. 


Binge Bros - 9the April 2021. Natty & Joey. First up is things they’ve watched recently. Netflix market share going down. New Batman film news. Loki series trailer. They then do a comparison of Happy Gilmore and Tin Cup. 


Bad Counsel - episode 32 entitled Got Butt Drip? Tim, Jack, Greg & Katy. 1. F*Casper wants to know about her husband saying a succubus is fulfilling his sexual needs. Cousin Derek? “Hey, we’re not number 15 in Greece for no reason. 2. Ouchy Pants Yes wants to know something about anal sex. I’m not sure that I want Greg’s Greatest Hits compilation CD after hearing his, ahem, songs in this bit! 3. Gary 98907 wants to know about stupid cycling clothes, and should they wear them for cycling or not. 4. Spinlevy4 has written about an ex-girlfriend who is their current girlfriend’s best friend, and is comparing how the two relationships tally. How can they separate the two of them from each other? The inception letter! 5. Jim Bob Jumbalaya - Grandpa got drunk on beer he smuggled in, and was fighting with an “eighty year old skank”. He got into trouble for bringing the alcohol in. Why? Hahaha, “I see old people!” 5. These guys need to get their callers checked out, especially the one who called in to say he’s having sex with squatches, as in sasquatches! Mmkay!!! 6. A guy’s partner won’t have sex with him if he’s wearing a mask, and he’s questioning her thinking. My response - what the f***? If they’re going to have sex then they’re still sharing their bacteria! 53:35 - Tim needs to made a clip from Greg saying “making love!” “Control the flow...” 7. A guy called for sexual advice, with something called “a donkey punch”. Jack describes it, of course. I’m not! 8. Ridonculious asks for advice because she’s been told and shown that her male tenant has been photographing her in her sleep and posting them on a specific Instagram account! 


Snapshots - 7th April 2021 episode. Starts with Blaine talking about great changes to how the show is going to be coming out. 1. March 27 1829 - Petticoat Affair starts. 2. April 1st 1984 - Marvin Gaye shot and killed by his father. 3. March 27 1905 - first  time that fingerprints were used as evidence in a murder case. 5. April 7th 1984 - Footloose film and soundtrack fever. 


Bob Dylan Album By Album - Ben gives a snippet of the interview he had with Scarlett Rivera, with the full version on the Patreon feed that I’ll listen to later! Great piece of the interview right there!


Grumble Goat - guest Kris Ortiz from Reboot Rewound hates bits and bobs in drinks that aren’t actually a drink. He hates garnishes. Cat wheel for the win! 


Later iTunes Shuffle -

The Rhythm Divine - Yello

El Dorado - Marillion

Christian - China Crisis

One Of These Days - Wu Tang Clan


Take care and stay safe.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pod Files - Friday 26 September 2025

The Pod Files - Monday 5 January 2025

49 to 50