Thursday April 22nd 2021 part one

 


Thursday April 22nd 2021 - 

The blurb -

Awake at 8:30am.  I don’t know why, but I woke up at 8:30, for some unknown reason. Damn, I’ll probably be fighting sleep in the night shift!


On Wednesday we were listening to Steve Wright’s show on BBC Radio Two, where they were speaking with Dr Hillary Jones, who was saying that an afternoon nap wasn’t a good thing, as it could cause mental problems when people get older. 


I don’t understand why that would be, but it’s still a bone of contention with me about another thing that was mentioned on that show.


Once again Dr Hillary said that people shouldn’t eat after around nine o’clock of night, which then people outside of my work mention to me, to which I always have to remind them that I work night shifts, so obviously can’t eat all of my daily intake of food in under six hours (if I get up at 3 in the afternoon), and then expect to last the ten and half hours until the end of my shifts (for 7:30am finish Monday & Tuesday night shifts, eight and a half for Saturday and Sunday 5:30am finish, and nine and a half on Friday 6:30am finish).


It’s another case of people who never work night shifts not understanding the logistics of what those workers do. They’re unhealthy hours as it is, without adding that bullshit to proceedings.


During the day I put something that I think is interesting together, and wish that I had started doing the same sort of thing before.


The show that came out where I spoke with Adam & Craig from Adam & Craig’s Guilty Pleasure Cinema was recorded over two sessions.


When the bonus Christmas Films episode was recorded in December, I was waiting for people to join the chat, so I took advantage of the situation and asked a few usual questions of Adam & Craig with the intention of adding to that at a later date.


That later date in February ended up being a longer chat than originally intended, because we got carried away, much as a lot of these shows do.


I had taken a full section of around 10 minutes out of the main body of the show, with the original intention being of using it as a part of the post show dialogue.


Now I wish that I had done that with other bits that I had edited out, and that’s a lesson for the future.


The section in question is similar to ground already covered, but also very different in a lot of ways, so I think that it’s interesting. 


With a tiny bit of editing at the beginning and end of the piece, I top and tailed it with two great few second extracted clips from my earlier discussion with Dave & Gill for the trio of pods episode, and then finished it with another very short extracted clip from the talk with Adam & Craig.


That is scheduled to come out on Sunday, a week after the actual Adam & Craig episode.


My hours for Thursday night were 7pm until 7:30am, but I finished work at 8.  


I got some good podcast listening in, forgetting to screen grab mini-episode ten of Martine’s great podcast Filmbug.


I got a very few songs listened to as well, and posted up a clip from the Bad Counsel/Mindbuzz crossover, which made me absolutely cry with laughter.


A steady night work wise, and I finally went to the toilet in a significant way towards the end of the shift. I’ll leave that there now, because I’ve spoken too much about that...


The podcast notes follow in a separate blogpost....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pod Files - Monday May 29 2023

The Pod Files - Thursday 29 February 2024

The Pod News - Thursday 16 February 2024