Tuesday April 20th 2021
Tuesday April 20th 2021 -
The blurb -
After getting in from work at about twenty past eight, I got into bed for about nine, and up at half past one.
We watched Gogglebox, and I’m not sure what else we did before I popped out.
I was still not feeling tip top, but went to drop a bag of bits to the laundrette, and when I came back we had decided not to visit Louise’s parents the following day.
I’m worried about needing the toilet at a moment’s notice, and the whole farting business at the moment. I could probably knock enemies out at a few paces at present. 💨
I went to Morrison’s in the evening to do a decent shop, and while there I listened to a couple of podcasts. Well, of course I did!
After around an hour I got back home, and we had tacos for our dinner, which had scampi in them. I should really contact Dave from the podcast Taco The Town to guest on Pods Like Us!
We watched the film California Man in the evening, starring Brendan Fraser and Sean Astin, which is called Encino Man in the US.
I don’t know why they change the titles of films all over the world. The film known everywhere else in the world as Ford Vs Ferrari is known as Le Mans ‘66 in the UK. I remember at the time I thought about posting a photo on Instagram with the message “do I need to see the first 65 films in the franchise?” The film Filofax in America is called Taking Care Of Business in the UK, or the other way around.
It makes things very confusing at times!
We started on episode five of The Falcon & The Winter Soldier, before stopping it at half past eleven to prepare for watching the Yankees versus Braves baseball game, which the Yankees won apparently.
I do remember a great play during the game where the Yankees took out three players in one go, with throws from one to another to another taking out individual Braves players at the bases!
I don’t remember because I was sat asleep on the settee before one in the morning! I looked up the score this morning when I woke up.
I was asleep in bed a little after two in the morning.
Tuesday April 20th 2021 -
The ‘casts -
When They Was Fab - Ed & Ethan presenting a show that lets people know what’s going on with the show lately. They both explained the plan for what would be happening with the show in the future, after their podcast provider had hit them for using copyrighted samples in their show. I feel awful for them, because to me it’s advertising.
The Night’s End - its fun listening to Jimmy’s show while I’m shopping. “An otherwise pleasant homeward journey is interrupted by a demon with a particularly grotesque skill. Story written by Mark Cassell.” Fascinating story where the main character has a special ability.
Take care and stay safe.
![]() |
| Jameson pitching for the Yankees. |






Comments
Post a Comment