Wednesday April 21st 2022

 


Wednesday April 21st 2021 - 

The blurb -

Woke up at about half past seven, and got out of bed a little after eight o’clock. 


I immediately put Food Network on for Louise on the tv, with Giada De Laurentiis, which was then followed by some baking thing where they were making things based on animals. I saw a couple of the things and said to Louise “I didn’t know that we were watching Nailed It!” 


I caught the video for Damon Albarn’s remix of the Paul McCartney song Long Tailed Winter Bird, that is from the forthcoming III Imagined set. I like it!


Louise watched a lot of baseball bits on YouTube, including a documentary that’s over an hour all about New York Yankees star short stop Derek Jeter, who is now the CEO for the Miami Marlins. 


We finished watching episode five of The Falcon and The Winter Soldier, which had a hell of a lot going on in it, as well as a scene in the middle of the end credits! 


I listened to a podcast while I nipped out and finished when I got back home. 


I’m wondering if I should cut down on my podcast listening notes when I’m at work, because I think it’s slowing me down somewhat, especially considering that I’m listening to them while I’m walking around sites now doing my patrols. I’d hate to miss something while I’m taking my notes. I’ll have to think that out, as I think it might be helpful to others? 


At 8:30pm I started a zoom call to record a show with Mat Labotka and Veronique Hurley of Grumble Goat. 


Earlier in the day I had asked for people to send in any pet peeves or grumbles they had, and by the time of the show I had five pages of them!


We finished the chat at 11:45, which was three and a quarter hours later!


Louise got involved in the conversation towards the end, and it was so much fun.  Now I’ve got to edit that footage into a manageable show, which will be interesting.


Luckily I recorded my sound from my end separately, with Mat recording their end.  This is great because at times it was barely audible, which is why I’m glad that I can fall back on their own recorded footage. 


After that we put on the Yankees/Braves baseball game that was the third in the three games of their World Series games.


What we saw was great, in between my nodding off.




The ‘casts -

Snapshots - April 14th. Blaine first gives us info on John Spilsbury, who invented “dissected maps”, that we now know as jigsaws. The second snapshot was about John Wayne winning his first and only academy award for acting when he portrayed Rooster Cogburn in the film True Grit. Hans Christian Anderson was next up, who wrote so many fairytales, with his first one (The Tallow Candle) being discovered in the 2000’s, which he had written sometime in the 1820’s, when he was born in 1805. He wrote one novel which was the first science fiction story, before that was even a genre. In 1847 he met and became great friends with Charles Dickens. There’s a great story there that Blaine describes. The fourth and final snapshot Blaine titled “elephants on parade”... Blaine talks about different sayings that include elephants! White elephants, elephants never forget, elephants are scared of mice, elephant in the room, seeing the elephant. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pod Files - Friday 26 September 2025

The Pod Files - Monday 5 January 2025

49 to 50