Thursday May 20 2021
Thursday May 20th 2021 -
The blurb -
So, work on Thursday night was pretty quiet and dragged like hell!
I don’t know why I only got through these shows and no more...
I meant to get through more, but it just wasn’t to be. I really want to listen to more shows, because I feel as though I’m letting people down, and myself as well.
The shows I listened to where all great though!
I don’t know why I took so much offence at something at work. It was pointed out to me that Andy being off next week meant that another driver would be on the other run next Thursday and Friday.
Normally it would be seen as I take on their role for the higher pay more high profile responsibility position, which is the same one that I normally do every Saturday and Sunday.
However, that’s not how it’s been rostered, and for some reason I saw it as a slight against me.
It wasn’t of course, but I just let it all stew within.
Hopefully I won’t get into too much trouble for losing my shit on the Operations Manager when I got back to the office at the end of the shift.
In got home for about twenty past eight in the morning, and went to bed soon thereafter.
Note - I’ve just realised while sorting the photo collages out that at the beginning of the shift I did a spot of iTunes shuffle, which I supposed I should now call Random Apple Music?
![]() |
| iTunes Shuffle or Random Apple Music |
Thursday May 20th 2021 -
The ‘casts -
Phase Zero - (1:27) E18: Brandon with Jenna, Charlie & Aaron. First up is an explanation of the Eternals characters, with each person having a different set of characters. Jim Viscardi appears to talk about characters known as Deviants. News - Black Panther 2, Doctor Strange 2 rumours, Avengers Campus, Venom: Let There Be Carnage. To end they are setting up a make an alternative film draft. This time they are picking the films to do. #LittleIcky
Binge Bros - (0:44): starts with Natty & Joey singing the show introduce. Okay, that’s different! News - 1. the AT&T selling of HBO and Warner Bros to Discovery for only $40bn after AT&T bought it all for $85bn. Love Joey’s UNO reference! 2. Netflix putting more films out into the cinemas. 3. Trailer for a new GI Joe film. 4. Enola Holmes 2 film green lit. 5. Ryan Reynolds’ career. After the news they go into a review of the film Greenland. Outro to the show.
Adam & Craig’s Guilty Pleasure Cinema - (1:24) May 4: Adam & Craig are looking at the classic Nicolas Cage film Con Air, which also features John Cusack, Colm Meaney (O’Brien in the Star Trek universe), and John Malkovich. John Cusack hates the film. I like the film. “Con Air Force One”! Adam’s story about his friend in Holland. July 14th. “Put the bunny back in the box!” “Nick Cajun?” I want to see Adam’s suggestion of a conga line on it’s way down to the cargo hold! Wow, on Colm Meaney’s character’s key ring is a miniature Star Trek communicator! “Animal House ending”. Several script rewrites, which probably explains John Cusack’s dislike of the film, because it became a completely different movie to the one he signed on for. What would be the film to suggest people watch first for a Nicolas Cage film? Post show - Adam feeling poorly?
Spyhards - (1:16) E13: Agent Scott & Cam the Provocateur look into Men In Black II from 2002, starring Will Smith & Tommy Lee Jones. Oh, there’s a guest in the form of Ray from the podcast Not Before Coffee. What’s her favourite spy film? Cam has never drunk coffee! Ray has a connection to the original Bond films. That Letterboxd description is far toooooooo loooooooong! Men In Black II took so long because of Wild Wild West. Famke Janssen was replaced by Lara Flynn Boyle. Flight of the Navigator. Tool connection. Better alien species names?
Sodajerker - (0:52) E190: Bri and Si are chatting with Jon Bon Jovi. I actually think that Blood On Blood is one of the best songs that Jon & Richie wrote with Desmond Child in my opinion.



Comments
Post a Comment