Tuesday and Wednesday off again
Let’s see if I can do a quick post then, eh?...
Didn’t get to bed until about ten o’clock, and set an alarm for 1pm, 1:30pm, and 2pm...
Every time I switched them off and fell back to sleep, waking up at about 4 o’clock!
I had a show to record at 6!
Quickly got drinks and something to eat, before getting ready.
I was chatting with my friend Dean Leivers about his love of listening to podcasts, and a fair bit of the chat was actually catching up...
We were both musicians in different bands back in the day, and I’ve recorded music with Dean before. He’s the vocalist on the version of Paul McCartney’s song Junk that was used on an episode of the podcast When They Was Fab.
I’m not sure what we watched that night, but we got to bed very late (7am I think), and woke up at a quarter past ten.
I put on the radio for the Pop Master quiz on BBC Radio Two with the dependable Ken Bruce at the helm! Louise keeps saying that I should go on there, but it’s easier to do these things listening as opposed to taking part?
Come 3 o’clock and we were falling asleep, only to wake up at about half past five. I don’t know what we slept through...
I was happy with the fact that I had booked a great guest for recording on Thursday afternoon.
In the evening we watched a few things, including another episode of The Killing, and a fabulous cartoon from 1943 with Goofy that shows you how to understand the game of baseball.
It was so funny!
We also watched the film The Assassin starring Bridget Fonda, which I hadn’t seen. Decent film that you need to check your brain in at the door with! The third episode of Star Wars: The Bad Batch was great as well.
Another very late night (6.30am), possibly due to the longer than intended nap earlier!
Woke up at midday for Thursday (today), with the intention of doing some bits before a 2pm show recording with Morgan Docherty about his great forthcoming show Doh’cast, all about The Simpsons...
I was too tired, so just got ready for the show, and had a great talk with Morgs, which Louise also took part in, as we’re both fans of The Simpsons!
We started the Zoom call a little late, as Morgs was having trouble, and then it took around fifteen minutes to get his microphone unmuted.
After we got that sorted, we had a fabulous discussion, which also included bits about his other show, the true crime related Untitled Chronicles.
The recording finished at 3:30pm, and a bit after five I went t out to Morrison’s to get some bits, which saw me getting back in at 6:25, after which I left for work at 6:45pm for work.
And here I am at work!



Comments
Post a Comment