Saturday June 19 2021

 


Saturday June the 19th, 2021 -

The blurb -


Once again I forget what time I got to sleep, probably later than I would have liked.


My memory is worse lately, possibly from the build up of stress causing me to not be able to sleep well, and then when I am it’s so late that it’s noisy outside, so I’ve now gone to wearing earplugs to sleep all seven days of the week now, and then I have an earpiece in for work as well - for only around one hour per day I have nothing in my ears!




According to Louise, she read somewhere that having things in your ears so much can cause memory problems.  I’ve no idea why!


I went to fetch more laundry, because more clothes are being discovered in bags, and they all need washing to make sure they’re in a fit state to either keep or get rid.




I’ve just thought that it was about half past seven when I eventually got to sleep on Saturday morning, after getting in from work at about six o’clock.


I woke up at one o’clock in the afternoon.


I took the car for a drive after work you see, because of the short journeys not keeping the battery charged.


I left my car at Morrison’s, knowing that I’d be going to work less than two hours later. 


I think I went back home then, did the social media checking thing, watched more of the Rush concert (it takes me days to watch anything, hence why I often don’t watch much on the tv). Then I got ready for work, and left, getting to the office at five on the dot because of the bloody roadworks on a roundabout on the estate that the office is on. 




I was in the local run, handing my outer ring to Matt.  Less pressure, but also less money as well, when I need the money more than ever!


Nothing really happened incident wise at work, but I was stressed all night thinking about everything that is still going on.


Got some good listening in until I called Matt up to see how he was getting on. An hour and a half later I knew he was okay!


I left the office at around 5:30am, got to bed at a little after six o’clock, and am still awake now a little after 10am, when I have to get up at 2:30pm at the latest!


Show to get posted up (as I was leaving it for some people to send me show ads to include in there), and Morrison’s to go to I guess.


There’s never a second when I don’t have something to do! 




Casts -

NOTE: the update to iOS on my iPhone 6S is terrible with the Apple Podcasts app and is making it a pain to navigate. Spotify I’ve always been irritated by, because they show nothing in order, making it a bastard to find what you’re after and where you are in the show’s history. 


Bad Counsel - ep 44 June 16 2021: shout out to me, slippery geckos, sexy dolphins, “Bro code breakdown”, 55 shades of grey, and is that the real Abraham Lincoln speech? 


The Gerry Anderson Podcast - Fep 157 June 14 2021: Fab facts, news, listeners communications, interview with TV presenter Martin Roberts, Chris Dale’s Randomiser, more listeners communications, ending, and post-show banter. 


The Corona Diaries - Steve “H” Hogarth and Ant Short. Ep 59 June 14 2022 titled “we need more Old Bangers!” Great discussion about how live sets are created, how live albums are put together, and more cool stuff. Interesting diary reading as always. 


We Were On a Break - ep 8: Chris & Geraldine. Husband Shit Part 2.


Spyhards - ep 16 Mata Hari (1931): 


Dinner and a… - ep21 June 18 2021: last episode before a summer break. Caesar Salad. Book - The Brothers by Steve Kinzer. Books- The House Of Mundavi by Julia Flynn Syler. The third dot is an assignment for us to try a streaming service. Back in September.


No Fear Finance - June 19 2021: Sara is looking at educating yourself on discounts can save money on technology, particularly looking at Back To School offers from Apple. 


The Queenpod - min-episode about Another One Bites the Dust. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pod Files - Friday 26 September 2025

49 to 50

The Pod Files - Thursday 25 September 2025