Tuesday-Wednesday

 


Tuesday-Wednesday June the 22nd to 23rd, 2021 -

The blurb -


TUESDAY: 


It was gone 10am before I got to sleep on Tuesday morning.  More stress added with the car trouble (insert link to the Adam & The Ants song).


I slept through the 1pm alarm to 3pm.


Call from garage at 5:30pm - it wasn’t a case of replacing a fuse as I had thought.  A replacement control system box is required!


Initial thoughts before looking into it were based on other controllers that are around £350 before any work is done!


We’ll find out tomorrow….




I had accidentally retained the company phone, so I walked to the office so that Matt would have a phone for the shift.


It was a lovely evening, so after leaving home at around 6:35pm I had a lovely walk around, and finished it off with a nip to Morrison’s for a few bits, getting in at five to nine.


We had got some bits ready to go to the storage unit, but no car to take them in…


WEDNESDAY:


I didn’t get much sleep.


I think it was relatively late getting to bed, but I woke up at about a quarter past ten.  I missed a call from the garage while making drinks…


Less than expected, but also there would be a waiting time to get the part…


“Get the part, I’ll fetch the car and bring it back on Tuesday when I’m off again.  I’ll have to chance that it doesn’t stop while I’m driving, and hope that I have controls.”


I fetched the car later, and took the bits already set up to the storage, and then did a couple of runs much later.


I’m getting worried that we may not be ready for the estate agents and landlord appearing on the first of July. 


We shall see…


I fell asleep in the night while trying to watch the tv, including missing bits from episode three of Loki, and bits of the baseball games of Yankees vs Kentucky and Rays vs Red Sox.


When we then went to bed I couldn’t sleep, eventually getting fed up and going into the living room.


I finished the edit for this Sunday’s episode of Pods Like Us, which will be the episode with Morgan “Morgs” Docherty about his show Doh’cast, about The Simpsons. Louise features prominently in the post show extra bits.


I got to bed at about 8:30 and went to sleep relatively easily (after about 15 minutes).


I listened to some podcasts during my days off.




Casts -


Spocklight - ep9 Insurrection May 10 2017: Paul, Liam & Matt are joined by Ross Okoye to discuss the film Star Trek Insurrection. Sing Along With Captain Picard. 


Winter of Discontent - Nick continuing by looking at events on the second day of the sessions for The Beatles’ “Get Back” sessions.


Grimm, Grimmer, Grimmest - by accident I saw this show, and thought that I would listen to the season three trailer. Through this I found out that the whole is from a company that provide podcasts and other media especially for young ‘uns. I’ve contacted the group, Pinna, in the hope of getting them as guests, because I love the idea of shows being made particularly for a younger audience.


Snapshots - Blaine talking about betting in baseball, banning players, and other legal wrangling in the world of baseball. I feel sorry for Shoeless Joe. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pod Files - Monday May 29 2023

The Pod News - Thursday 16 February 2024

The Pod Files - Sunday 5 November 2023