Friday July 23 2021

 


Friday July the 23rd, 2021 -


The Blurb -


After the late sleeping, I woke up at twenty to three, getting drinks and breakfast.


I’m not sure what I did after that…


I need to get on with reading the new book by Kenneth Womack and Jason Kruppa, in readiness for arranging a chat with them about it.  I like to make sure that I’ve done research with people.


I haven’t got any more work done on the episode of Pods Like Us for this Sunday either, and I think almost all of the episodes in the can have a LOT of footage to go through.


I said “almost all” because there is an episode that isn’t, but I can’t put out two episodes consequentially with podcast listeners.


I looked at my calendar and realised that the recordings on Wednesday were my first since the second week of June.  That’s five weeks without recording!


I arrived at work for between a quarter past and twenty past five, with me leaving work at twenty past six on Saturday morning.


It was a quiet night work wise, which was good because I was feeling absolutely drained until I took some pro-plus tablets at around 10 o’clock at night.


I didn’t get to sleep until after 9am. 

I saw a few of these tiny little moths around a
certain area on a site towards the end of the shift.


The ‘Casts -


Bad Counsel - (1:16) episode 50 Cheat In Peace July 21 2021: DW and Marvin from mentioned. The history of where the guys are from. The Colorado Fluff & Fold. Lint Lizards. Laundry kink fomo. Downey Bear. We need a Bad Counsel Urban Dictionary book! #merchandising shoplifting habit. Gregg’s anecdote about his security friend at a Sears store…. From my own history; when I worked retail there was a smaller supermarket where every now and again you would hear the staff shouting numbers between one and ten because they were scoring the attractiveness of customers! When anyone between an 8 and a 10 was called, a swarm of staff would appear at that aisle to check them out! Peppermint Pretzels, Peppermint Bark Barrel. A really cool ice cream van. #SaveHank #SaveHankRChief “a coconut at the lizard!” - could that be another urban dictionary name? Whale dicks and squirrel suicides. “You’ve been drafted, Frankie!” Doggie plastic surgery. “What is this, Animal Planet?” A wife on match.com found out that her husband is on there as well. How can she get him off there? Gregg says it’s like a modernised Pina Colada Song. A cool song to finish that I’ve heard before! 


Something For Nothing - (0:51) episode 24  February 10 2020: Steve & Gerry looking at the album Roll The Bones. Intro by Lex on bass playing Dreamline. Twitter polls. I think that Roll The Bones is possibly the first Rush album that I bought when it was released! Song one is Dreamline. Song two is Bravado. Song three is the title track Roll The Bones (“Jack, relax, get busy with the facts…”) song four is Face Up. They want people to name songs that are about card playing (such as Lily, Rosemary & The Jack of Hearts by Bob Dylan). Song four is Where’s My Thing? Great instrumental. 


Live Life Loud: The Decibolic Podcast - (0:21) July 20 2021: Still loving Dave’s theme and everything else sounding flashy and cool, even with the pre-morning coffee film advertiser voice. Part two of the Don Zbinden interview (from a pod about the rock band Rush to the drummer of the Rush tribute band Spindrift). Deep shower thought is a funny one with reference to Snapchat! I wonder if Dave will go back to doing his hotel and eatery suggestions. 


We Were On a Break - (0:39) episode 15 Trips, Growth & Recharging October 21 2020: Geraldine & Chris are on a vacation in Portland, without the kids. Toilet accident taking the family to, I think they said San Diego. “Make time for each other”. They made love, fell asleep for two hours, missing the dinner at the hotel. Chris is becoming a chest model. I wonder if the guys from Bad Counsel, Court Case, or Tales From Two Blue Collar Workers would have suggestions to help Chris out in his potential new career? Shaving gel? Razors or shavers? Cream? 


Leave Your Powers At The Door - (0:51) July 23 2021: Rasco and Kris. Videogamer’s killing a father’s son so that his son will get off his lazy arse and find a job. First up they have to choose their power for the show. Talk about the new Space Jam film. Good “Michael Jordan” joke. Then they spoke about James Marsden. They forgot the film The Box that he was in with Cameron Diaz. Black Widow. Interesting point about an Avenger possibly getting killed. I will say now that I can see Clint getting killed in the Hawkeye series, creating serious drama between the new Hawkeye and the new Black Widow. Loki finale (11:50-23:50 is the main bits you should be interested in). I actually they might be close to spot on with their opinions of where it’s going with the TVA, Loki, Mobius, etc. I don’t want to spoil anything. The guys at ComicBook Nation and other shows I listen to would be fascinated with this bit. I’m not sure about the “apple” theory though. Throg! What could come from the ending of Loki. Fight out 1 is Batman vs Taskmaster, movies option. Fight 2 is Robocop vs Judge Dredd. Fight 3 is tech between Lex Luther and Tony Stark. 


The 3 Highsmen - (1:03) July 19 2021: Bubz, Moz & Sleez? I think they’re discussing basketball at the beginning? I wouldn’t know. It could be American “Football” for all I know! Actually, as an aside… World Series Baseball… How many countries are in it to make it a “World Series”? I love this show’s logo! Question sent in from listeners. 1 a guilty pleasure movie? They’re right about the song Greased Lightning being altered now to cover for questionable lyrics (“she’s a real pussy wagon”, “the chicks will cream”, etc). Topic of the week - social media. Lyrics of the week. Voicemail feedback. My response to the gas versus electric stove argument - if there’s an electrical power cut then neither work, because your gas boiler is powered by electricity, as is the gas power station. Shoutouts at the end. 




This Week In Marvel - (1:06) July 16 2021: intro, news. Go to marvel.com for a full on description page of the different Loki variants, including an alligator Loki Funko Pop! <- SWEET! Marvel’s What If coming August 11th on Disney Plus. Shang Chi  & The Legend Of The Ten Rings on it’s way. Marvel now on TikTok. Black Widow. Emmy nominations - F&WS (5 noms) and WandaVision (23 nominations). New games. Ultraman bits. Marvel Legends. Fan first Friday. Strange Academy. Marvel’s Wastelanders Old Man Starlord. Ellie Pile from the Marvel’s Women of Marvel interviewed Scarlett Johansen and Florence Pugh from Black Widow. Lorraine and Ryan interview with David Harbour. After this was an interview that Ryan & Lorraine did with director Kate Shortland. After that they had a question of the week for the following week (I’m behind an episode). Listener’s feedback. “I was on a roll. I hope I don’t slip on the butter!” 


Nothing More Annoying - July 22 2021: Luke dislikes long sleeved shirts that keep rolling down and getting wet. You can get clips that hold your sleeves back. 


Applesauce Penguin - I don’t know who the host is. English isn’t their first language, but as someone who loves reading (when I get the chance), I like that it’s about reading. She is looking at the subset of YouTube called BookTube. Academia. Is it reading or is it audiobooks? It’s mostly young adult and teen works. She doesn’t believe in love, so won’t read books with romance in them. When she get older she will hopefully change her mind. Jack Ben Edwards. Noelle Gallagher. Carley Thorne. Emma Chamberlain. 


Mundane Madness- July 23 2021: Cooper Brock & Chase Pitman. Poll results up first. Round one - subtitles vs no-subtitles, which was a suggestion from Cooper’s wife. They discussed the fact that Chase has been to see the new space jam film. Gummi Bears vs Gummi Worms. “Anti-racism”. Rant - people talking loudly and using their phones in the cinema. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pod Files - Friday 26 September 2025

49 to 50

The Pod Files - Monday 5 January 2025