Monday July 19 2021 - 2 of 3

 


Monday July the 19th, 2021 -


The ‘Casts - part one:


The Mindbuzz - show starts with Gill saying he’s been on the podcast You Should Have Ghosted. Gill’s guest is Ricky from the Inner Monologue Podcast. The stripper story again. Julio telling Ricky they’re beating Joe Rogan. Swipe right means yes and swipe left means no? Gill and Ricky’s great tips for dating - “I get more ass on Facebook than on Tinder!” “I slid in the DM’s and they slid in the sheets.” “As long as you bring the heat, they ain’t bothered about the rug burns!” Gill likes Betty White. Gill’s older lady tale. Their shared opinions on religion. Mask like a penis. He’s not wrong! Spanish Inquisition. The sacred mushroom. Roman Catholicism. Stargate film with Kurt Russell and James Spader (also mentioned in my latest show). 


Astroleague Podcast - starts with Matty advertising Anchor FM. Part four of Marty’s beginners guide to fantasy (American) football. Great promo from Bobby at the rock guys podcast! “these Aussies know all about American football!”  Exchanging players. “Floor and feeling”. “Sweet FA”. 


Something for nothing-episode 99 max Websters battle scar: starts with the introduction from Steve & Gerry followed by looking at a Twitter poll. Email from Todd that might be seen as Rush sacrilege. After this Steve & Gerry admit not being as big fans as a lot of listeners, which is because neither of them had heard of the song Battle Scar by Max Webster, which was a song with Geddy, Alex and Neil guested on. This episode they listen in the show to the song for the first time, and respond. Rush news - two new Alex Lifeson songs online. After going through this there was an interesting discussion about the songs that were the band’s least favourite songs on the albums - Tom Sawyer on Moving Pictures, New World Man on Signals, Halo Effect on Clockwork Angels. 


Sunshine, Freedom & Flowers - episode 3: my friends Dobbie and Drew are chatting with another of our shared friends, Dean Leivers. The idea of the show is to pick three things that bring you joy - past, present, and future. Watch this space, as Dean is a guest on a show I’ve already recorded. His first choice brought memories to me as well, because I too love what he mentioned. As background I know both Dobbie and Dean from the Mansfield/Ashfield music scene back in the day, and I’ve made music with both of them.  Drew is a theatrical lover, and I have a great memory of me and Louise going with Drew & Dobbie to see the play Art at the Nottingham Playhouse (I think) starring Nigel Havers, Dennis Lawson & Stephen Tompkinson. I was actually badly on the day of the play, but my mind was only on how great the experience was, and the performances. Thanks to Drew for buying the tickets on our behalf, which I did pay for, but all the same he offered his discount for being a member of the theatre to get a great price on the tickets to a wonderful show. “See you zoom!” 


Mundane Madness - (30:00) July 16 2021: Hardshell tacos versus softshell tacos, and then beef tacos versus chicken tacos. Finally there’s the pet peeve section. Quick punch in from their producer Nathaniel, who says they could not include the song that Chase mentioned due to copyright issues. After this are the polls. 


My Guest List Pod - Review show of podcasts. Apparently Australia are in their fifth lockdown. This time Darren is doing a review of Eclectic Company, which is a show presented by Tim & Gregg from Bad Counsel. It’s one of my listens! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pod Files - Friday 26 September 2025

49 to 50

The Pod Files - Monday 5 January 2025