Monday July 19 - 3 of 3
Monday July the 19th, 2021 -
The ‘Casts - part two:
Grumble Goat - Mat likes corn but hates high fructose corn syrup. A joke in the eighties was that farmers would say they don’t grow corn because there was too much of it. They’re discussing that they’re on a break and have recorded episodes early to release them. I’ve got a surprise to send them soon. In fact, I’ve had an idea that I’ll contact them about. A human centipede of cars. What? Bourbon is made from corn? No way! 😮 mashed potato water slide in the renaissance, lol 😂
When They Was Fab - Beatles and Monkees July 19 2021: listener’s responses at the start of the show about the previous discussion on potential females to join Ringo’s All Starr Band. The main subject of the episode was about how The Monkees were created, and their crossovers with The Beatles.
Our Cynic Culture- episode 14 July 9 2021: Matt, Jason & Jeff looking at a bourbon they couldn’t get in the US until now. Made by Blends, it’s called Straight From The Barrel - “isn’t that an NWA album?” Nashville No 2. “NCF” - Jeff doesn’t teach English?
Rewriting Dad - Season One Episode 8 The Guy: finally up to date with this show. This time Leslie & Meg are chatting with “Mike” again, and he now knows everything about Leslie’s dad. There’s a great growth in this show, where when it originally started I assumed that it was going to basically be about Leslie’s findings from her dad’s journal so to speak, but it’s become far more than that!
The Night’s End - S2 E14 Rampart: written by Amy Grech. narrated by Rebecca Struzyna, from the podcast The West London Witch. I’m not giving any details of this, because this would make a fabulous short film! Spooky. A house that lives. Also, while listening to this and the following show I was driving at speeds I will not admit, to be able to get the lift mentioned in part three done, and still get home at a relatively decent time (9:20am).
Tabletop Genesis-episode 11 Steve Hackett February 26, 2016: this time the presenters are chatting weird X Genesis guitarist Steve Hackett about his career and the most recent album came out at that time, full flight.
No Fear Finance - Sara talks about Money Market Accounts.
Kscope Podcast - Billy Reeves presents episode 135. A nice podcast that I’ve heard before, where they play new and older songs from the Kscope Records catalogues. Yonder by Klone from live album Alive. Nice chat with Giancarlo Erra about the new album, which is genrefied as abstract music. Mostly recorded live to get that feeling and natural spirit. It was being recorded to tape for that immediacy and intimacy. Tracks by Giancarlo played from the album Departure Tapes are Departure Tape, 169th Tape, and A Blues For My Father. The Invisible Man by Marillion from the newly reissued triple vinyl version of Marbles. Closed For Business by Mansun from Closed For Business. I Will Never Hurt by Helicopter Of The Holy Ghost from Afters. To finish the show they play the fabulous classic Porcupine Tree song Anaesthetize from Fear Of A Blank Planet. I actually like listening to this show because I’m a lover of progressive rock, ambient, and actually most of my purchases are albums from the Kscope record company. I only wish they would distribute my music, lol.


Comments
Post a Comment