Monday July 26 2021

 


Monday July the 26th, 2021 -


The Blurb -


I got in at around a quarter to eight or so in the morning, after having to go to the supermarket so that I could get some change for the car park.  There were no parking spaces available on the nearest street where we can park, so it had to be a car park.


I think it was after nine in the morning when I got to sleep, and I woke up a few times, before waking up properly at around four o’clock.


After breakfast I got on with correcting the mistakes on the episode of Pods Like Us, before changing the audio file, and then republishing the episode.




It’s a fun episode in my opinion, but it had a few problems, first of all being the damaged zoom files, which meant that my usual editing technique of cutting down on people talking over each other was not possible.


I don’t mind a little bit of it, because that’s natural, but I would ordinarily make it a couple of voices…


As an example, there were four of us in total in this conversation. I would pick what’s important to the flow of the discussion, as to what would go in, so that people aren’t flooded with all four voices at the same time.


I couldn’t do that here because I had no individual files to do that with.




Once this was done, it took a while for it to show up anywhere.


I got ready for work after this, and quickly went to Morrison’s for essentials, before leaving for work for a relatively easy going night.


I initially started my listening by listening to the original feed for another show, but was getting sidetracked by work, so was forgetting to take notes.


I did get some good shows listened to eventually though, albeit with Ken on the other mobile enjoying the occasional bantering on the phone.


While I was out at work, Louise made some absolutely yummilicious Red Velvet Cookies…


#omnomnom


Left the office at around eight in the morning, and again had to go to Morrison’s for car park change.


Unfortunately I got the change, only to find that I had lost the change I already had earlier, so I chose to pay online, which I don’t trust.


I got in from work at ten past nine in the morning.




The ‘Casts -


Detox On The Rocks - July 19 2021: presented by Isabella Voss. “Nothing is certain but death and taxes!” Capsule Mundi. Margarita Tear Salt. Bluetooth symbol and name background. Margarita recipe - tequila, Cointreau, lime juice, coarse salt. Then suggested extras. Real laws people may not know. 


Grumble Goat - July 26 2021: This time Mat & Veronique are discussing Veronique’s grumble at people who only buy organic food. They mention about hiking in New Jersey, which I saw some nice photos of on their Instagram pages. Stalking y’see! Organic seed burial bags for people to be buried in. 


When They Was Fab - this time Ed and John are looking at parts one and two of the new Paul McCartney documentary series McCartney 321, which is available on Hulu in the US, and will be available in Europe in late August on Disney plus, using the star tab. 


Two Thoughts For A Penny - Will & Miranda. Intro is like the Taxman bassline. They’re talking about the actor Chris Evans. Note - The Fantastic Four wasn’t Sony it was Fox, and that’s why Disney can now make Fantastic Four movies. They’re picking each other’s top five films with Chris Evans in them. When they talked about the first Captain America film saying “America good, Germany bad…” Look, things have changed since then, but the German army did invade Poland by the orders of their ruler, the Austrian born Adolf Hitler. 


My One Cent podcast - special guest Brandon. Shout out to Voodoo Ranger from Belgium. They’re talking about the troubles in Cuba, as they’re both from Cuban families who moved to the US before they were born. What those people said to Brandon was awful! There’s some shit going around. 


Spotlight-episode 42: the city on the edge of forever-the regular spotlight crew are joined by top British TV and film critic Boyd Hilton to talk about this absolute bonafide Star Trek the original series classic episode! Harlan Ellison. Sister Edith Keeler. Joan Collins. There were 29 episodes in the first season of Star Trek, which you could say is 30 if you include the episode the cage. That quote from Harlan Ellison! Holy crap. Devs.  That is an interesting point from Liam about the British television series good night sweetheart, which was all about somebody going back in time to the Second World War. Boyd is also on the Pilot TV Podcast. That was a great episode!


Snapshots - July 24 2021: Blaine is looking at controversial baseball players Vic “The Peach” Willis and Bobby “The Whizz” Wallace. If you have any interest in the history of baseball, then Blaine’s monthly look at “America’s Game” is essential. 


Nothing More Annoying - bonus episode: Luke every now and then will be looking at little things that annoy listeners, who have sent them in. This episode is him asking for them for future episodes. Instead of asking you to be in the show he thinks you might be too annoying?


The Rock Guys - episode 31: I had to listen to this, because it’s essential listening, it’s Bobby, and I was chatting with Bobby about the sad passing of their lead guitarist Jeff LaBar last week. Great band who are seemingly lost to the annals of time. I didn’t realise that the live keyboard player was found dead on the same day as Jeff! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pod Files - Monday May 29 2023

The Pod Files - Thursday 29 February 2024

The Pod News - Thursday 16 February 2024