Sunday July 18 2021

 

Photographed from a site at Eakring.

Sunday July the 18th, 2021 -


The Blurb -


I got a little under six hours of sleep, finished editing the episode of Pods Like Us that has me speaking with my younger brother James. 


All I had left to do was to place ads in there, which were for The Mindbuzz, Astroleague, The Rock Guys, Concerts That Made Us, and Decibolic.  I popped back to add those and then posted up the episode.




Work was steady overnight, and started with me listening to Planet Rock after making a discovery…


If I plug my iPhone SE into the van for using the CarPlay facility, it won’t keep working when it’s low on power.  With that in mind I have to make sure that the phone has a fair bit of charge before leaving for work.




I got a fair bit of listening in, but not as much as I would have liked.


I started on an episode of The Mindbuzz, but didn’t finish it.  The details of that show will be included on the next blogpost! I have 25 minutes and 48 seconds of that left apparently!




The ‘Casts -


Rewriting Dad - (0:32) episode 7 Enigma: Meg & Leslie are joined by a guest, Mike, who met Leslie’s dad in the hospital. At a certain point Leslie interjects outside of the show to point out that when Mike mentions Leslie’s mom, he actually is talking about her stepmom. 


Court Case - (0:54) episode 33 Making Movies July 16 2021: James& Sweet T are chatting with filmmaker/actor Ashlee-Rose Brisley. The guy who believes that his father is the actual son in the sky #Cuckoo covid has brought about a drop in the purchase of cocaine, but heightened the sale of marijuana. #NetflixAndSniff hahaha “have a dip dab!” Television show cancelled before even went to television, ultimate slip and slide, after an outbreak of explosive diarrhoea! My answer to this is that could’ve created a new game show possibly called poop and scoop? “Am I an arsehole for not letting my friend have her wedding on my property after being told I was uninvited?” In another one a person told their friend that they were idiots for buying goldfish at a funfair, and then releasing them into the ocean, because goldfish or not from the ocean, and the water of the ocean would actually cause a brutal death for those goldfish. Weddings booked too closely. “Postbonement” as opposed to postponement. 




From the swamp to the swamp - (0:42) July 15, 2021: this time Matthew is speaking with reporter Joe Killian. “Silent Sam”. Nicole Hannah Jones. 


Out of the Blank - (1:35) Body In The Bog: Robbie is chatting with Kristyn J Miller to talk more about bodies found in bogs, and other such cool archeological finds. Robbie mentions Black Jelly, which Krysten corrects him by saying it’s Black Pudding. She also explains that when she goes to Scotland she chooses smoked salmon for breakfast, to which Robbie loves the idea of. Paganism. Anglo-Saxon. Vikings. “Aurelius Was Here!” Krystyn has an Amazon Blue Parrot, which can live to 117 years. She’s had him for 11 years. #BogBodyNetwork Robbie hasn’t spoken to anyone in China. 


No Fear Finance - (0:06) July 17 2021: this time Sara talks about  how bad it is to have single use items, where it is better to have reusable items. A great hack to lose lint on clothing, which I’ve used before. 


Bad Counsel - (1:24) “Her Pet Primate” July 15 2021: Tim’s son thinks it’s weird that Jack is having a relationship with a super-fan. “Twisted drinking gremlin”. Jack’s trip with Jojo to Florida. Tim gives a shout out to Jeff and Gerard. “You got Facebook?” Tuesdays are better for Katy! 1 Cryptid advice. 2 a guy asked a couple-worker out to dinner, but then it turned back that night, and now she’s telling everyone at work that I’ve ruined her life. I like Jack’s suggestion for this one. 3 someone noticed what looks like a human bite mark on his girl’s butt. dental database. 4 retired postal worker wants to earn money from new porn ideas. 5 guy moved to new area and now wants to get out of what seems like a swinging party. I wonder if someone I won’t mention noticed their mention? 6 someone has moved to suburbs, and their new neighbour conducts frequent Armageddon drills. 




The Gerry Anderson Podcast - trailer for episode 162. 


The Rock Guys- (0:12) episode 30: starts with an unexpected intro from me! This episode sees Bobby looking at the eighties glam metal band Slaughter. Message for Bobby - yep, I’ve already mentioned to you that I think you could mix it up with some other ideas for the show, and I love the idea of you looking into the ladies of metal videos. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pod Files - Friday 26 September 2025

49 to 50

The Pod Files - Monday 5 January 2025