DAY OFF Wednesday September 22 2021

 


Wednesday September 22nd 2021


The Blurb -


So, I think that I actually woke up at around about 9:15am as opposed to the intended 7:30am.


I was able to make myself a drink and breakfast cereal, as well as prepare for the supposed hour to an hour and a half show with Antony Rotunno, who has already appeared on the show in the inaugural season (season one, episode seven) for his show Glass Onion: On John Lennon.


This time we were talking about his show Life And Only Life which, to quote him, is about “a search for inner and outer truths”, looking at alternative news sources, psychology, self-help, empowerment, and much more.


It started recording at 10am, and finished at around 1pm!



Notes taken during and after recording
an episode with Antony from Life & Life Only.

Notes for editing - we both recorded it, with Antony planning to use some footage as a two part episode for his own show in the future.  I’m now wondering how to edit this, as I could cut huge swathes out to make it manageable for listeners as a single hour and a half. I could also release it in two parts. The third option is the tried and tested main episode, and then a bonus episode with extra unused footage. So many choices.


During the conversation we went into the subject of the Stanley Milgram experiments again, psychology in the music industry, literature, the one-sided and jaded nature of slick television and radio news, the world of podcasts, and so very much more. I even got to read a poem by Rudyard Kipling, and Antony quoted from an absolute classic poem of Kipling’s. 


Later on we went out to Rufford Park, where the car snagged something going over the fjord, which meant me clipping the underneath back up again.


Nice time, but I was having trouble staying awake.


We came back, stopping at the supermarket on the way back for some bits for burgers.


We got some flowers and a lemon cake for Pam at number 9 on our street.  She’s not been well lately, and when recording the as yet unreleased episode of the George and Dhani Harrison podcast, we saw her taken away by an ambulance.


She’s okay apparently, but fell over.  They didn’t keep her in, because of the Covid ward there, and at her age (87 I think), they would worry about her being infected.


Louise told Pam about our impending eviction.


We were speaking with Pam for about half an hour, after which I took the shopping bits in, and left Louise to speak with Linda (no 16) and Bob (no 7) about the situation.


I made both me and Louise a coffee each, taking Louise’s out to her, only to find her now chatting with Hazel at no 12. 


Hazel invited us both in, because Louise wanted to see Hazel’s pet bearded dragon, a female named Frankie. I opted to stay outside waiting…


After about fifteen minutes of boredom I went inside to chill while I waited.  Louise doesn’t go out very often, and I think it’s healthy for her to get some company time. 


I fell asleep sitting on the settee, and when I woke up I thought that I had better pop to Hazel’s, and see how Louise is.


We spent a little while longer there, and it was great. 


There are some good neighbours but, as with everywhere these days, there are bad neighbours too.


We have a rapport with a good few of the neighbours, and I will miss that when we have to leave.


However, the place has always been too small and constricting to be honest.


Basically, after getting back from Rufford Park at around 6:15pm, we got in at around 9:30pm, and had our burgers for 11pm.




We watched the newly released episode five of Only Murders In The Building on Disney Plus.


Surprisingly for us, we were getting ready for bed at half past midnight! Asleep for about a half past one, then woke at about five with a dry mouth. I got up to get both of us a glass of milk each, after which we went back to sleep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pod Files - Monday May 29 2023

The Pod News - Thursday 16 February 2024

The Pod Files - Sunday 5 November 2023