Saturday March 19 2022

 


Saturday March 19, 2022 -


The Blurb -


In for about 6am, but not asleep until after 7 after an age of trying to nod off.  Irritating as I was fighting to stay awake on the drive home. 


Woke up properly at ten to two in the afternoon, after waking at ten to twelve when Louise biped into the bedroom for something, and then she came in again at about half past twelve. I might have said “why didn’t you get these things when you got up or at least both at the same time?”


I spent ages trying to clean up the sound for the group chat that I had with Tom and Eoghan about gangster films, because my connection was terrible, and I should really have conducted the show through Zencastr, because then I would have had clean audio from each of us, as opposed to shitty audio from my rubbish internet!


I ended up having to grab the final hour of the recording to listen to and take notes of while in the van at work - 35 different edits needed in that hour of footage to work on! 


The usual busy Saturday night at work, and not as many pods listened to as I would have liked! 


Home at 6am.



The ‘casts -

(Notes spoken to Siri, and edited later if I remember)!


2 Legs: A Paul McCartney Podcast - (0:57) episode 160: March 19 2022: Interesting tangent where is the beginning of the episode Tom list the best selling singles in the US pot 100, which has just been released in a magazine I think. Their main subject is the 1989 Paul McCartney album Flowers In the Dirt, looking at it’s single releases and variant issues. When Andy mentions the irritation at the deluxe reissue not featuring physical copies of 13 bonus songs you had to download that pissed me off as well. 


No Fear Cooking - (0:08) March 19 2022: Magda is making a peaches and cream pudding, that sounds so yummy. 


Naked Scientists In Short - (0:08) episode 869: June 22 2021: sperm and squid in space 


The Short Shorts - (0:14) November 27 2020: Body Of Proof - “Warning: This story depicts the life of a slave, sometimes we have to know the evils we are capable of doing, to avoid creating them again. There are things that make us uncomfortable, but is necessary to acknowledge and accept them in order to create a better world.”




Genesis Reunion parts one and two - (1:02) not a podcast really, but the first two parts of a four part interview with Tony Banks, Mike Rutherford, Peter Gabriel, Phil Collins and Steve Hackett from 2014. Look them up on the YouTube page of acclaimed documentarian John Edgington. Parts three and four are yet to be posted up. Links are below. Here’s a link to John’s page on YouTube - https://youtube.com/c/JOHNEDGINTONDOCUMENTARIES




Face The Music: An Electric Light Orchestra Podcast - (0:39) January 2 2021: Balance Of Power bonus tracks episode where THE Erics give overall opinion a of the album in question, as well as listeners comments, and outtakes from the shows. Wow, someone mentioned the song Clones by Alice Cooper, which I also like a lot. A trailer for the WKRP cast. Don’s “most cherished memory”. Thoughts from Troy. Archive of Jeff talking about getting fed up of ELO. 


Greek Mythology: Short Stories - (0:02) October 29 2021: Ixios - Love With A Cloud




The Tom Petty Project - (0:13) season 2 episode 2: December 1 2021: all of the songs for the album written relatively quickly. This was written by Tom on the piano, which he also plays on the song itself. Apparently has similarities to Second Home By The Sea by Genesis. I love how Kev goes seriously into the musical arrangement of songs. Great trivia section as always. 


Bob Dylan: Album By Album - (0:42) season 7 episode 1: February 18 2022: Finally I’m listening to season seven of this fabulous podcast from Ben Burrell. This episode he’s looking at the album New Morning, an album that I love. Patreon mention, which includes great extra episodes. If Not For You.  Time Passes Slowly. Bob Johnstone. Al Kooper. George Harrison. One More Weekend. New Morning. Three Angels. Revelations 14:6-14:12. If Dogs Run Free. Interlude. Went To See The Gypsy. Sign On The Window. The Man In Me. Shout out to the big Lebowski. Day Of The Locusts. Cicadas known as brood X. David Crosby. Father Of Night. Based on the Jewish prayer the Amida. 




Daily Dad Jokes - (0:02) April 12 2021


The Gerry Anderson Podcast - (1:47) pod 196: March 14 2022: intro. Chat. Fab fact - Spectrum Shades, “the dog ate my homework.” Captain Pink. Listener’s feedback. News - live podcast recording, Anderapp, Spectrum comics, Anderson concert, merchandise, and a trailer for Gerry Anderson: A Life Uncharted. Listener’s feedback. First of a three part interview where Jamie chats with graphic designer and album cover designer Malcolm Garrett (The Buzzcocks, Magazine, Duran Duran, Culture Club, Peter Gabriel, etc). “I blame Supercar!” Listener’s feedback. Randomiser - part two of The Bringers Of Wisdom from Space 1999. Chat. Outro. Post show banter. 


Greek Mythology: Short Stories - (0:03) 


Aussie NFL Fantasy Show - (1:10) March 17 2022: an introduction to the new/rebranded show. Tradition of acknowledging the land they’re from. They were Astroleague. They’ve changed the format and explain it. Matty C, Manjot and Talor. Predictions. Talor had to leave the shoe to do something. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pod Files - Monday 5 January 2025

The Pod Files

Time Flux 3