Sunday March 20 2022

 


Sunday March 20, 2022 -


The Blurb -


Asleep a little before 7, then woken at 9 by Louise getting up, again at about 11, and then Louise’s phone was ringing in the next room at about 12:20, when I got fed up at around 1pm getting myself and Louise a drink, taking Louise’s to her in the office, where she was chatting with her mum on her phone, who I had a quick ten minutes chats with. 


Editing the group show again was a nightmare, and made me decide that from now on I will not use Zoom to record shows unless the guests are using a phone, or if I am in fact using a phone remotely.


It was also a pain taking notes on the chat with Alvaro during my listen, where I noticed how many edits will be needed there as well!


The night shift went by without any serious incidents.


I think I was home for about twenty past seven or so, when I got in and made Louise a cup of tea.



The ‘casts -

(Notes spoken to Siri, and edited later if I remember)!


The Bright Sessions - (0:37) bonus episode: July 23 2021: Look Up - “Two young men meet on a beach every night with a telescope and the unanswered questions from years of a friendship lost as they await their parent’s return from a mission to Mars. As re-entry draws closer...so do they. Starring Evan Bittencourt (Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists) and Briggon Snow (The Bright Sessions). Produced by Atypical Artists and created by Briggon Snow.”


My Guest List Pod - (1:23) season 2 episode 16: March 19 2022: “This week, I was fortunate to be able to chat with the very talented, witty and bubbly host of a podcast devoted to all things weddings. Leah Longbrake, was a joy to chat with as we counted down her top 10, and learnt more about her show, 'Weddings Unveiled'. The show, that is aptly described as, the enthusiasts guide from 'Yes' to 'I do'. We also explored her years of broadcasting experience and her work as a producer for the Evergreen podcast network.” Top ten film couples. I am so jealous of the concert that Leah attended for here 21st birthday. Factoid about Catherine O’Hara. Great deep cut there for Extreme song Darren! 


Daily Dad Jokes - (0:03) March 20 2020


Greek Mythology: Short Stories - (0:04) November 6 2021: the tragedy of Oedipus 


The Short Shorts - (0:03) November 30 2020: Safe Place - “Fiction: We listen to podcast because they take us away from our reality, we dare to go places and situations that are at times scary and dangerous, but we do it because podcasts are our safe place.” 


On Point - (0:10) March 16 2022: Alex is joined by Canadian freelance reporter Finn DePencier who is now in Armenia, to discuss the influx of political refugees from Ukraine. 




Daily Dad Jokes - (0:02) April 13 2021 


Greek Mythology: Short Stories - (0:03) November 13 2021: sorceresses is of Ancient Greek 


The Gerry Anderson Podcast - trailer for pod 197


Buried On The Tundra - (0:10) March 20 2022: B Nicole looks at “Alakanuk’s suicide epidemic 1980’s” B announces that there will be no episodes for the next two weeks. 


More Or Less: Behind The Stats - (0:09) March 20 2022: “Pizza and nuclear war” Tim Harford chats with professor Barry Nalebuff from Yale University about negotiation and game theory potential for the Russia/Ukraine situation. 


This Week In Marvel - (0:56) March 18 2022: Ryan and Lorraine. 60 years of Spider-Man. Trailer for Ms Marvel. Spider-Man No Way Home home release. Doctor Strange In The Multiverse of Madness. Moon Knight. Alligator Loki comics. Marvel Voices Pride. Collaboration with the charity The Prince’s Trust in the U.K. Clips from the The History of Marvel’s Black Panther podcast. Marvel’s Pull List podcast. Interview with podcaster Jason Concepcion, whose show is X Ray Vision. Listener’s feedback. Thanks to Lorraine’s therapist. 




Daily Dad Jokes - (0:02) April 14 2021


Greek Mythology: Short Stories - (0:05) November 14 2021: Daedalus and Icarus


Tracing Owls - (0:10) March 20 2022: Darwin is back, yay! Learn the alphabet through cryptids with a great poem that Darwin has written. He suggests following the great artist Christine, known as Crescent Hare. 


The Corona Diaries - (0:46) chapter 97: March 14 2022: An Hour Before It’s Dark special. Fans have sent in questions based on the new album by Marillion, their highest charting placed album internationally! I love the individual memories of each band member. 




The Tom Petty Project - new opening music. Written on aeroplane stationary. Instead of a click track there was a track made up of Tom and Mike tapping the time on guitars. Great music bit to the trivia, which is another great trivia question. Was it the Waldorf? I don’t really know any hotels, as I haven’t been abroad since I was 11, and have never owned a passport. I like the new format, Kev! All of the information, trivia, rating, done. Kev finished off talking of a friend who it was the anniversary of their passing close to when this episode came out. Great closing music! 




Keeping Up With The Cardassians - (1:20) episode 68: March 14 2022: Nick & Joe singing the intro. Rob saying “haven’t we learnt not to sing along?!?!” Taste testing a Jameson orange drink. Obi-Wan Kenobi. They have seen The Batman twice. I’ve not seen it once because I can’t afford to. Q in Star Trek Picard. Joe mentioned the name of the website that I have no idea what he said! Netflix subscription rise. Did I or didn’t I? Nick asks about Chuck Norris - he was in Expendables 3. Break for a barely audio promo for Super Media Bros. The first Star Trek Deep Space Nine episode they’re looking at this week in Favor The Bold. The second Star Trek Deep Space Nine episode they’re looking at  is Sacrifice Of Angels. Guys, your opinion of Damar will change! Was this the “kanar with Damar” episode? Nicks hitting the guy’s buttons? #saxmusic 




Daily Dad Jokes - (0:02) April 15 2021


Greek Mythology: Short Stories - (0:02) November 20 2021: Salmoneus as Zeus. 


Bill Reads Bad Reviews - (0:20) December 31 2021: Bill reads bad reviews about the 1988 (!!!) film Die Hard, and then gives his review. When at 9 minutes Bill says he has two reviews left I thought “so why are there 11 minutes left?” We shall see. 


The Short Shorts - (0:04) November 30 2020: Hogh Expectations - “SciFi: What if you could create a better world by giving up choice and submitting to a system based on the wellbeing of all?” 


On Point - (0:09) March 17 2022: Emily Roland sitting in for Alex, this time joined by International security and government expert Tamila Karpyc to discuss the ongoing differences between the Ukraine and Russia. 


When They Was Fab - (1:00) March 21 2022: belated birthday wishes to Ed. They start by talking about the possibility of a virtual experience using the 50+ hours of get back footage. Interestingly, this time subject of this episode is to look at everything that Paul has done since the flaming pie album. I made a list as well by the way which, when I posted it up during the day on Monday, actually got reactions from both presenters Ed and Jon. Watch this space for me potentially showing up on the show as a guest again soon, depending on if we can arrange a time that works. 


My choice for a compilation from Paul McCartney,
covering his career from Flaming Pie onwards.


Links -


https://youtu.be/2saAyz5Ries


https://youtu.be/JeGVDk0mSY8


https://youtu.be/Ml7oiSYgtxs





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pod Files - Friday 26 September 2025

The Pod Files - Monday 5 January 2025

49 to 50