The Pod Files - Saturday April 23, 2022



I listened to what I could, because I’m only back at work for two nights, and I had an episode of my own show to listen to, so that I could hear any problems with the zoom feed.  When recording the show I found that Talor couldn’t connect to Zencastr, as he was using a mobile phone, so had to use Zoom.

I prefer not to use Zoom, as Zencastr gives me audio from each person’s own computer, as opposed to recording what signals I get from my end.  I keep asking Zoom why they can’t do that, but obviously there is no response. 


The ‘casts -

(Notes spoken to Siri, and edited later if I remember)!


Things We Said Today - (2:17) episode 364: April 22 2022: Ken, Darren & Allan look at the career of Wings. The news at the beginning was over half an hour long! There is a lot going on in the Beatles world at present. There were some great points made, and I am of the mind that if Bruce Springsteen is in the Rock ‘n Roll Hall of Fame as well as The E Street Band, then why can’t Wings? Are the Wrecking Crew in the Hall? As Darren said, Wings were the musicians on stage and on the recordings, as well as writing material for inclusion on albums to be included alongside Paul McCartney’s songs. That’s not the same for any band of musicians he’s had since then, maybe with the exception of the album Off The Ground featuring his then live band on almost every song.


Daily Dad Jokes - (0:03) April 20 2022 


3 Minute Lesson - (0:03) episode 441: April 20 2022: the world health organisation 


More Or Less: Behind The Stats - (0:09) April 23 2022: understanding India through data 


The Short Shorts - (0:06) February 1 2022: Stalker - “What if the person you're stalking is the person that can change your life forever.” 


Phase Zero - (0:51) season 2 episode 15: Brandon, Jenna, Aaron and Jamie. Mention of their bonus episode, which was a fabulous episode of an interview with Bob Babbitt. Thor Love And Thunder teaser trailer reactions. “MC Escher Cheesecake Factory…” Bill Campbell talks about Doctor Strange In The Multiverse of Madness reshoots. Numbers for pre-release sales. Guy Pearce returning as Killian in the MCU. 30:30 - Jim joins the episode to discuss reactions to episode 4 of Moon Knight. Jeff Lemire. I caught the Buffy vibes too. 




2 Legs: A Paul McCartney Podcast - (0:59) episode 163: April 16 2022: Andy and Tom rank the number one singles that Paul has had post-Beatles. Wow, Tom got an East Germany release of the Mull Of Kintyre single. Fascinating tangent when they look at “what five albums from 1970 onwards would suggest to someone who doesn’t know McCartney? 


Daily Dad Jokes - (0:03) April 21 2022 


3 Minute Lesson - (0:03) April 22 2022: the United Nations 


Keeping Up With The Cardassians - (0:56) episode 73: April 18 2022: how entertainment of yesteryear wouldn’t be made today. Discussing ads and slogans. Lego talk. For a change they are talking about Star Trek III The Search For Spock. Advert half way through Joe saying something. The lack of music to push an emotion further. The discussion about Christopher Lloyd - I saw this film when it came out, so I wouldn’t have had my opinion coloured by the later release of Back To The Future. “Marty, we’ve got to get back to the Enterprise!” “Marv doesn’t know what he’s on about…” I’ll hold judgement on that one, Nicky boy! 


This Goose Is Cooked - (0:05) episode 24: July 13 2021: We review the book "Bulldozer's Big Day" by Candace Fleming and Eric Rohmann.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pod Files - Monday May 29 2023

The Pod News - Thursday 16 February 2024

The Pod Files - Sunday 5 November 2023