Days Four To Six Of Nine Days Off

 


Friday June 24th, 2022 -


Awake again at 4:30am, and I couldn’t get back to sleep. Because of this I made drinks for both of us for 5:30am, knowing that I’m going to be so tired later.


I actually don’t have any recording planned for today, unlike the two guest spots I am booked for on Saturday evening/night.


Planted a campanula plant in the garden, and watered everywhere. 


So happy that I arranged another chat today, this time with the great Ken Sweeney, who is the presenter of The Comfortable Spot, who co-presents the show Lidia’s Booktastic Podcast with his daughter Lidia, and is a producer for many podcasts. 


At present that means that at the moment after my time off, I have just three “standard” episodes and the four group chat shows to record, and then that would be the 16 episodes of season six complete. 


That means that I will have nine episodes recorded, with episode one coming out this Sunday (June 26 2022). 




We went to town in the day, where Louise got a haircut, I picked up three of the comics that Richie at Ground Zero Comics had saved for my order. That’s the Black Panther collection caught up.


However, he does have six Iron Fist comics waiting, but with the proviso that that is the end of that run, and in the future I won’t buy individual comics, but instead get the books that come out of the collected parts. 


Richie was really not happy with how Moon Knight was changed for the MCU television show, and felt that the humour took away from the character, making fun of a very serious subject, and losing the action/fighting that were always a part of the character in the comics. 


I can see where he is coming from, although I didn’t mind it to a degree. It wasn’t great though! 


As Richie said, it’s not made for comic fans, but rather for the mass audience. There is a lot more humour in the show, and a lot less gritty action.


Eventually they will have to fall back onto the darkness and grit of the comics when we see him interact with the larger MCU, in a similar but darker way than Punisher on the shows they had.



Saturday June 25th,  2022 - 


We woke up at seven in the morning.


Louise was having trouble in bed sleeping Friday night, because of the heat, so I went into the living room, and slept on the settee, where I got around five and a half hours sleep before Louise woke me with a cup of tea at seven.


That was a switch. 


I usually make the drink and let Louise wake up naturally.




We had a nice breakfast of Overnight Oats - oatmeal, milk, yogurt, blueberries, honey, and flaxseed, with a little cinnamon. I think that’s what it is. I know it was bloody lovely, and I enjoyed being outside with Louise enjoying the birds and nature at that time in the morning.


We came back in and watched episode three of Ms Marvel, and then went upstairs to listen to some radio, while I rewrote my notes for an appearance later on Stew World Order, after watching a film on Friday night for that appearance.


In around October you’ll hear me and Stew discuss our opinions on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III Turtles In Time.



Me on Stew World Order

I also started on my notes for an appearance on When They Was Fab being recorded late in the evening, which ironically will make me miss Paul McCartney’s Glastonbury performance.


We looked at some great photos that Louise has taken as well on our back garden. 


We watched the classic film Rocky…


Well, most of it. 




Around half an hour before recording the guest spot on When They Was Fab, I had to nip to the shop for milk and other bits.


When the episode finished recording, I went to start watching the Paul McCartney performance at Glastonbury, but Louise said it was a bit late to listen to something so loud, so I thought I’ll watch it on the BBC iPlayer on Sunday.


Hmm…


It took until around half past three in the morning to get to sleep…



Sunday June 26th, 2022 - 


…only for Louise to wake me at 7am.


We put food into the bird feeder, had another helping of Overnight Oats for breakfast, and we ended up staying awake listening to the radio in bed with a pot of tea.


I caught a great sequence from the first episode of season six of Pods Like Us, that included an hilarious section between myself and guest Stu Arrowsmith. I then posted that up on the socials as promotion for the episode. 


Pods Like Us meets Dangerous Amusements 


Even though it’s primarily a podcast, I’m crossing my fingers that the video versions for season six episodes will be popular - look up “Pods Like Us” on YouTube, and subscribe to that account. #Plugging 


We finished watching Rocky, which was great, because it is my favourite sport related film. 




I’m not sure what else we did…


I tried to get a couple of hours of nap time in the afternoon, but because of noise outside and that, it was impossible to do so. 


I had hoped to do some more for When They Was Fab, but I had my own show episode to record with podcast producer and presenter Ken Sweeney, when I had a terrible connection. 


I wish that I had used Zencastr really, as that gives me better quality video and audio, but if I want to do video then I have to buy software to merge the two video feeds to create a show from. 


It’s tempting to go back to audio only, because the glitchy sound is irritating as hell. 


Pods Like Us meets Kevin Sweeney


The show with Ken was booked as 8-9:30pm, but went on until around 10 past 10, by which time I was already so very tired, from only having had around three hours of sleep on Saturday night. 


I felt bad about this because I really wanted to chat more with Ed and Jon for When They Was Fab straight afterwards.


Louise was understandably pissed off that once again it was an evening where we did nothing together. 


She is great letting me do the podcast though, when we only usually get one whole day together a week, with the rest of it seeing me out for work for 15 hours a day including travelling time to and from work.


We’re getting up early on Monday morning as well, as we’re going to fetch a chest of drawers from Louise’s parents. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pod Files - Monday May 29 2023

The Pod News - Thursday 16 February 2024

The Pod Files - Sunday 5 November 2023