Days One To Three of Nine days Off

 


Tuesday June 21st, 2022 -


I got in late again from the Monday night shift, as is always the case. 


I’m trying to think of what was done on Tuesday, and yet I’m only writing this on Friday at around 5:30 in the morning.


What can I remember?…


I think that we finished watching the episode of Ms Marvel we had started the previous week, which was fun.


Pods Like Us meets Campfire: Tales Of The 
Strange And Unsettling



In the evening I recorded an episode of Pods Like Us with Jordan from Campfire: Tales of the Strange And Unsettling, which was a fun episode, and featured more than just us talking about the show he does with his co-host Ryan.


As ever I was tired after recording and fell asleep on my girl.



Wednesday June 22nd,  2022 - 


Awake at 4:30am for the toilet, and couldn’t get back to sleep. I made both myself and Louise a drink each for 6am, and we fed the birds at about 6:30am.


I got some bits from Aldi and Wilko, while I listened to a few podcasts. 




In the evening we watched some Gogglebox, after I had recorded another episode of Pods Like Us, this time with Paul and Stephen from Trimming The Musical Fat, which lasted for over three hours!


We always overrun when we get together. 😂 



Thursday June 23rd, 2022 - 


Relaxed day preparing season six episode one of Pods Like Us, which is already up on Patreon as the audio podcast.


The video version is a pain, because the video editing suite included with Windows 10 doesn’t allow for fine editing, so there are little bits of sentences from both before and after the showtime. 



Pods Like Us meets Trimming The Musical Fat

I’ve also played with the format, because it is new to me, and I love the idea of including the intro and outro music, using the logo as a screen, and am happy to announce a new aspect for the video version…


Starting from this first episode of season six, after the ending music there is a small clip from the following episode to whet people’s appetite. 


Me chatting with Stu Arrowsmith of 
Dangerous Amusements for episode one 
of Season Six of Pods Like Us


Louise watched an episode of the new Netflix series Snowflake Mountain, during which I kept drifting in and out from watching along at the absolute whingefest of pathetic, spoilt, lazy, materialistic, needy young people on the show.


My god, what’s happened to this world?!?! 


I’m from a time where we needed people to tell us to stay away from electrical substations, to not drink from those white cups on nettles, stay away from strangers when out playing (kids don’t go out playing without parent supervision anymore seemingly), and so much more.


We would use old wooden crates, place wheels on them from old thrown out prams, and just sit on them hoping that we wouldn’t fall off, and when we did, we might need first aid and jabs to stop us from getting tuberculosis and the like.


This has turned into a grumpy old man rant!


Pods Like Us meets Bill Reads Bad Reviews


Best thing about the whole day though was another great show recording, this time with the fun Bill Deaton, from the brilliant Bill Reads Bad Reviews. 


During that conversation I mentioned that when I eventually chat with Bill’s wife Madison about her great podcast The Fit Flamingo, that as an extra I will record Madison Reads Bad Reviews!


A fun day, albeit one filled with so much time spent trying to get that video finished.


Eventually I will own decent video editing software, so that I can offer better product. 




The ‘casts -

(Notes spoken to Siri, and edited later if I remember)


Daily Dad Jokes - (0:03) June 20 2022


This Goose Is Cooked - (0:09) episode 221: April 20 2022: We review the book "Daddy Pig's Old Chair" adapted by Ellen Philpott.


Vintage Rock Pod - (0:04) June 21 2022: This Day Rocks episode where Paul looks at celebrity birthdays and events from this day in history. Music festival at Stonehenge for the first time. Paul chats with Dave Brock of Hawkwind about this monumental event.


TEDx Shorts - (0:09) November 9 2020: 3 ways to avoid divorce 


One Minute Movie Reviews - (0:04) June 22 2022: Mikey looks at the film Candy, starring real life couple Jessica Biel and Justin Timberlake. 


Dating Will Be The Death Of Me - (0:20) October 1 2021: Amanda returns to give us dating advice in the age of dating apps, websites, and anecdotes from her own experiences. She apparently woke up the day of this recording hung over after a good second date with someone. Two first dates the previous week. Super offensive word used in a date about an ex-girlfriends. From my point of view there is so much wrong that! I would have got up and walked out as well! Second first date sounded positive! Today’s story is about a “California boo.”




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pod Files - Monday May 29 2023

The Pod News - Thursday 16 February 2024

The Pod Files - Sunday 5 November 2023