Two Days Off

 


How to say this…

I’ve been thinking about how to broach this, and how to not look like someone who doesn’t care…

On the shifts from Thursday July 14th to Monday July 18th I didn’t know that I was working with Covid. I didn’t feel great, and used Anadin Extra and Ibuprofen every four or so hours to get through work. It didn’t clear it all, but it made it slightly easier.

I’m lucky that I got through it.

Looking back on it, I was also suffering with it when I recorded the shows the previous week as well. 

Louise was starting to feel badly during these days off in question, and tested positive, obviously in hindsight realising that she had caught it from me.

That was the overriding thing while we were off, so very little notes were taken. I’m sorry.


Nice flowers in the back garden.


Tuesday July 19th, 2022 -


Surprisingly on Tuesday we watched a couple of things that I remember;


Episode five of season two of Only Murders In The Building was a great episode, with it also being full of great acting from everyone involved. I actually never thought that I would say this, but Martin Short stood out particularly, and that’s not meant as a slight. I’m used to Martin Short in comedic roles, but not when he veers into the dramatic to this degree, and he was phenomenal, just as everyone else was. I’ve seen some great emotional moments from Steve Martin in previous things.

 

Shark Beach with Chris Hemsworth on Disney Plus is a fabulous documentary, where Chris shows his love from the Earth’s oceans and marine life. 



We’ve had a ton of cinnabar caterpillars 
suddenly appearing in the garden, so I’m 
going out daily now checking on them.


Wednesday July 20th,  2022 - 


On Wednesday I went out for the big shop on my own (obviously), and we watched three episodes of the series Superman And Lois, using the BBC iPlayer. An interesting alternative tale of the Superman world. 



Thursday July 21st, 2022 - 


Not much done on Thursday, other than think about being back at work that night. I wish that I could afford to not go into work, but we can’t afford that.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pod Files - Monday May 29 2023

The Pod News - Thursday 16 February 2024

The Pod Files - Sunday 5 November 2023