Not The Pod Files - Time Off part two

 


Friday November 25th 2022 - 


Louise was feeling really poorly on Friday. 


I edited the next episode of Pods Like Us (meets Christmas Alphabet), and also wrote and recorded a new festive theme for the show. Eventually I’ll have to knuckle down and record a new over all theme for Pods Like Us for when season seven starts in the new year. 


There were two show recordings postponed because of guest’s illnesses. These things happen, and luckily I had a group chat booked for Saturday night, because I’m down to the wire on episodes!




I listened back to episode 0 of the new Toppermost Of The Poppermost podcast, which had been expertly edited by Ed, who I have often nicknamed The Ed-itor in the past. I’ve got a rough edit to do on episode one, before handing it over to Ed to polish up to his superb standards. It’s a bit intimidating working with Ed and Kit if truth be told. Their natural talkative way, knowledge about pop music history, and research ability is incredible. I wish I had the time to research more if I’m being honest. This time I had more time because of having time off, but for the rest of the episodes I’ll be virtually winging it for the most part! #honesty 


We watched the Seinfeld episodes The Strike and Soup Nazi. We’ve seen Soup Nazi a few times, but it was my first time watching the festive episode The Strike, which is the one that features festivus for the first time.




We watched the Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday special, which was so good. Louise said that I didn’t stop smiling from start to finish. 


After the holiday special I put two episodes of the I Am Groot cartoons that came out this year on Disney+. They were so good - the mud bath episode and the one the little people. 




Saturday November 26th 2022 -


My birthday.  Do I feel any different at 52 than I did at 51?  Not really.  


I had more fun in a musical way by getting some instruments out.  I recorded three “stings” for the Toppermost Of The Poppermost podcast - two on guitar and one on bass.  After listening back I wish I could take that bad chord out of the end of the Daytripper guitar sting - an E minor with a major seventh doesn’t work, which was from bad finger placement. I should have hit the fourth fret of the string below it to get an F# note (a second note in the E minor scale).


I placed the promos and new show music into the new episode of Pods Like Us, and put it onto Podbean ready for coming out at 2am U.K. time.  CLICK HERE


We went into town for a couple of errands that needed doing, followed by a weekly food shopping trip.

 

We had a quick dinner with some red wine, and I really had fun recording a group chat episode of Pods Like Us, where I was joined by (in no particular order) Snow from Seeking Tarot, Darren from My Guest List Pod, and Joe from Keeping Up With The Cardassians, where we mainly discussed Christmas television memories, as well as other great festive chat.


We watched two and a bit episodes of Gogglebox. 



Great fun recording the forthcoming episode
Pods Like Us Christmas TV Memories Group Chat
with Snow from Seeking Tarot, Joe from Keeping
Up With The Cardassians, and Darren from
My Guest List Pod.

Sunday November 27th 2022 -


Back to work on this day. I went to sleep really late on Saturday night, after the great chat group recording. The whole recording was two hours and forty minutes, with what seems like half an hour each side of the show itself being general chat as well. I could make two shows out of that - “the show” and “not the show”. 


I placed this episode of PLU and the first full episode recording of Toppermost Of The Poppermost as private files onto my SoundCloud account, so that I can listen to them, and take notes for editing purposes.


Work was steady that night, albeit feeling like a long night, because I had enjoyed being off so much. 


I don’t understand people who say that they would be bored if they didn’t work - I wouldn’t be!  I loved the ability to practice guitar, do a spot of simple recording at home in my home studio. 




Monday November 28th 2022 -


Not time off exactly, but I have to post this up…


Louise made me some absolutely delicious pumpkin pancakes, which were absolutely incredible. Served with fudge pieces on top, double cream, and maple syrup, they were divine. 


Episode 0 of Toppermost Of The Poppermost is now available by the way, where we introduced the idea of the show, and ourselves- CLICK HERE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pod Files - Monday May 29 2023

The Pod News - Thursday 16 February 2024

The Pod Files - Sunday 5 November 2023