Two Days Off - Not The Pod Files As Such

 


Tuesday December 27th, 2022 -

Got in from work at about 6:15am. Made an Earl Grey to take to bed. The bergamot in there helps with sleep apparently. I think I dropped off at about half past seven or eight o’clock.


Woke up at midday with the help of the alarm. 


Two episodes of Toppermost of the Poppermost were recorded in the evening, where Ed, Kit and myself chatted about January and February of 1963. That’s the shows for the next two months recorded then.


The next recording was arranged for us as well. Who knows, I might speak more in that episode, lol. The quick succession of the episodes that have been recorded so far is so that we can catch up and become a monthly podcast releasing episodes on the anniversary of the charts that we’re talking about. 


So, the idea is that once the December episode is released, then the episode where we speak about January 1963 will come out in January 2023, February 1963 in February 2023, March 1963 in March 2023, and so on. 


I also suggested the idea of bonus episodes, which we will come back to at some point.


It will be February when you hear it, but Kit’s deep dives into the sudden boom of folk music and bossa nova in the charts in 1963 is absolutely fascinating. I would love more of that. 


Me and Louise watched National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation. 


I finished a rough edit of episode three of Toppermost of the Poppermost, where Ed, Kit and myself spoke about the charts of December 1962 in the U.K. and the US.



Wednesday December 28th,  2022 - 


Woke up at about twenty past six after a tough night’s attempt at sleep, having eventually got to sleep a little after three, and then I had about five nightmares that stopped me from being able to get any good sleep. 


I tried but could not get back to sleep. :-( 


We went into the local town centre again, where I took advantage of Clinton’s selling off some Boofle Christmas cards with 50% off their marked price.


Weekly food shop at Aldi where I felt terrible, trying my damnedest to stay awake. 


I had a nap when we got back from the food shop.


We both watched Elf while eating our Christmas dinner.  I was working on Christmas night again, after having been in bed between shifts. Working again. 



Thursday December 29th, 2022 - 


I did some tidying of the office/studio/second bedroom.  It had gotten out of hand, especially with the Christmas bits having their boxes still left out.  I’m thinking of taking them into storage until the run up to next Christmas.  


We will probably be more decorative next time. This time was a bit of a tinsel here and there, and a couple of little decorations.


Damn, even the tree didn’t come out!


We continued watching the 1970 version of Scrooge starring Albert Finney, and have still yet to finish it this year. 


Trip to Wilkinson’s for some bird food and C batteries for the radio. Good grief, C batteries are not bloody cheap are they! 


Back to work.  With it being the “holiday season”, once more it’s an earlier start. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pod Files - Monday May 29 2023

The Pod News - Thursday 16 February 2024

The Pod Files - Sunday 5 November 2023