Not The Pod Files

 


Life as we know it.

I’ve not written any blogposts that aren’t about my podcast listening for a while. 

There is a lot going on.

As hinted at in a hashtag on a Twitter post, my mum has finally been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s. Members of the family, including myself, have thought this for a few years, but have been told that it wasn’t so.  Now it’s been diagnosed as such, and finally something is being done about it.

It’s a long road ahead, and it’s not going to be easy in any way.  It’s going to be incredibly painful and difficult for everyone.

My dad hasn’t been well either, and is in hospital at present. 

That too is something that’s on my mind a lot, even if I don’t show it very much.  I’m someone who often tries to hide emotions, which isn’t a good thing I suppose.  However, sometimes emotions need hiding in my book, because when I was younger I had an awful temper, which I feel that I control by holding emotions back.

I only seem to have two emotions anyway - extremely pissed off and depressed, or over the top excitement.

Anyway, that’s as far as I’m going with that.  

Music.

The FAWM songwriting challenge continues, but I’m nowhere near fourteen songs written and recorded over February.

However I have done a few bits, which is better than nothing at all.  It’s been fun, and I look forward to more in the future. 

Films and other viewing. 

We’ve watched The Mirror Crack’d From Side To Side using the UK TV Play app. Specifically the version starring Joan Hickson that was made by the BBC, I think the eighties or maybe the early nineties. Louise says that for saying that Joan is her favourite portrayal of Agatha Christie’s Miss Marple, this is far from her favourite version of this story, as it misses the cracked mirror part of the story. Apparently a film version from the seventies or eighties that has Elizabeth Taylor and Rock Hudson in is far superior. I wouldn’t know. 

We saw Ant Man and the Wasp Quantumania at the cinema just two days ago, and the more I think about it, the more my overall opinion of the film changes.  In the journal episode of Pods Like Us that I put out I said that I gave it a seven and a half out of ten, but hate to say that I’m teetering on dropping that rating.

It was a very slow start, which I actually think could have been trimmed. Now that is something that I very rarely say, because I think that both Thor Love And Thunder & Doctor Strange In The Multiverse of Madness could have been better with cut sequences put back in to the films. A spoiler here, but the whole wasted chance with Black Bolt in DSitMoM really does rub me the wrong way! 

While thinking about this third Ant Man film I see a film that could easily have been a full ten out of ten, with some tweaking here and there. 

Will I drop my rating a lot? No, not much. It’s down to a seven from my perspective.

Sign off.

Anyway, I think I might leave that here.  I don’t think I’ll have time to do something with one of the pieces that I started working on for the songwriting challenge, which is one with an ethnic feel, so may just post that up as is to get my numbers up. 

We will see if I get back to blogging about general midlife meanderings on a more frequent basis.  For now I see this as a “here’s where I’m at” sort of thing.

Thank you for reading.  If you want to comment about anything, then please feel free.  There’s no obligation or anything, but the offer is there if you so feel.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pod Files - Monday May 29 2023

The Pod News - Thursday 16 February 2024

The Pod Files - Sunday 5 November 2023