The Pod Files - Saturday March 18 2023
Saturday night shift. I was still emotional from the events during my time off.
I don’t really remember much about the night, but my colleague Matt kept checking on me on the phone to make sure I was doing okay.
Other than that I don’t really remember much happening, although I was as busy as BEEP, which is usual for a Saturday.
The ‘casts -
(Notes spoken to Siri, and edited later if I remember)
Spyhards - (0:56) SpyMaster Interview 47: March 17 2023: Wow, the music is different. I must admit that this episode, that came out yesterday, is probably about a year and a half newer than the most recent episode that I’ve listened to. This episode Scott and cam are speaking with the actor Julian Glover, who was in the films for your eyes only and the full protocol, both of which are spy related films. I also know him from Indiana Jones and the last Crusade, and the Star Wars films. I believe he is also the husband of Isla Blair? I talk about Julians recently published Lou book. He apparently gave what he calls a dreadful audition for the role of bond at the same time as Roger Moore was up for the role. From getting changed in an Athens airport lavatory to flying around the world in a pond Phil. I love how Julian has different descriptions for roles that he has, in how we explains what he is doing to people that you knows. Sean Connery‘s improvised line in Indiana Jones and the last Crusade-hilarious! After the interview it is pointed that it was recorded hours before the passing of Topol, who Julian mentioned positively in the interview.
The Slowdown - (0:07) episode 833: 14 March 2023: Today’s poem is The Railroad Worm by Kimiko Hahn.
Naked Scientists: Question of the Week - (0:07) episode 134: February 7 2011: is an E-card more environmentally friendly?
Womanica - (0:10) season 1 episode 107: 29 October 2019: witches and saints - Doreen Valiente
Daily Shower Thoughts - (0:04) March 16 2023
Comicbook Nation - (1:06) season 5 episode 11: March 17 2023: Matt, Janell, Connor and Nick. Kofi having a well earned vacation. Shazam fury of the gods film reactions. Also, discussion turns to where it stands in connection with the changes made to the DC films production team. next they talk about the final episode of the first season of the last of us. BREAK. Matt sings! #ComicbookNationsGotTalent The Mandalorian season 3 episode 3 reactions. “Red velvet Oreo’s.” “Comicbook Candies.” The tangent Matt goes off into about avengers endgame - I think it’s got its problems as well, Matt. I do enjoy the film, but it’s got its problems. Power rangers once and always coming to Netflix on its 30th anniversary. By that I mean the 30th anniversary of Power Rangers. Matt’s attempt at flossing. Wrestlemania upcoming, and Connor’s problems with it. Matt singing solo. Comics - Superman Lost issue 1, Captain Marvel issue 47, and Hellcat issue 1. Update from Janell’s build on Twitch.
Daily Dad Jokes - (0:05) March 17 2023: St Patrick’s Day ☘️
Composer’s Datebook - (0:02) March 18 2023: Rachmaninoff makes the cut
Merriam Webster’s Word of The Day - (0:02) March 18 2023: lacuna
What We Just Watched - (0:08) 18 March 2023: Rachel and Dave are joined by their friends Phil and Sam after watching the film Shazam fury of the gods. Let’s see what they all thought about it...
Create Magic - (0:08) Episode 217: November 9 2022: “Mundane Magic - Morning Friends, todays Wednesday ramblings is all about the magic in the mundane and how reenchanting the world is about remembering the wonder inherent in the every day. Hope ya have a wonderful day!”
Omega Star 7 - (0:01) teaser for episode 3
Daily Dad Jokes - (0:006) March 18 2023
Teens Talk With Nifemi -
![]() |
| Lovely individual episode artwork for this show. |
Daily Facts - (0:07) March 16 2023
Get Happy Headlines - (0:10) March 16 2023
Vintage Rock Pod - (0:06) March 17 2023: Paul looks at events and celebrity birthdays from this day in history. This time the main topic is Scott Gotham, guitarist from Thin Lizzy, whose birthday it is. Paul chats with his bandmate Damon Johnson.
Daily Shower Thoughts - (0:06) March 17 2023
Feedback With Earbuds - (0:05) October 8 2019: This episode’s theme is “Self-Help
Gone Wrong”, and was chosen by Stephen Settanni. The recommendations were ‘Hyperbole’, ‘Dear Hank & John’, ‘My Brother, My Brother and Me’, ‘If I Were You’, and ‘ Anna Faris is Unqualified’. For some reason I didn’t catch the Spotlight Pick. I was driving home I think, so that might explain it?
Atlas Obscura - (0:10) April 27 2021: “A Memory Made in Malawi 🇲🇼 - Today we flip the focus from the memorable places we visit to the memorable people we meet on our adventures.“
Grammar Girl - (0:05) episode 158: 20 February 2009: "Flammable" Versus "'Inflammable".
Everything Everywhere Daily - (0:10) episode 13: 13 July 2020: “ The Last Crow War Chief” wow, the true story of Joe Crow. Absolutely fascinating.
Aaron Mahnke’s Cabinet of Curiosities - (0:11) episode 44: 22 November 2018: “Shots Fired - Today's tour of the Cabinet will introduce you to two people who weren't about to back down from a commitment, no matter how high the odds were stacked against them.”
Omega Star 7 - (0:31) Season 1, Episode 14: Episode 14:3 “Between an Asteroid and a Hard Place - The Crew of the Outlander gets stuck on an Asteroid. Slip tells stories of his days as a racer while Trae is forced to fix the ship alone... or so he thinks.“






Comments
Post a Comment