Time off

 

What Goes On…

Tues-Wed 25-26 June 2021

Research for When They Was Fab - listening to the recent release by Paul McCartney and Wings, the live in the studio One Hand Clapping. It’s a shame that it’s just the audio though. I know that a fair bit of it was included in another package that came out in recent years possibly in a Band On The Run package, but I’d like the whole thing in video form. For songs that they have no video footage for, they could even get AI to create footage. 

Played a good game of Scrabble with a real board. I love playing Scrabble. 

We watched an episode of Celebrity Gogglebox. 

Watched New Amsterdam season 4 episodes 21 and 22 - that’s everything that’s on Netflix watched. Now the question is if and when the fifth and final season will turn up on there as opposed to paying for yet another fricking subscription to watch it! 


Recorded an episode of When They Was Fab about disc two and the bonus ‘EP that came with the recent vinyl release of One Hand Clapping by Paul McCartney and Wings. I won’t say how I could comment on the ‘EP, what with me only owning the CD version that was released. I don’t have the money for the vinyl with everything else being released at the moment. 

During the post show chat, Ed mentioned that Toppermost of the Poppermost will continue throughout the seventies and maybe into the very beginning of the eighties, with the caveat that we have to include Queen, so that I can let my love of Queen be seen by all. That made me happy, as I didn’t make the Queen podcast I almost started before doing Pods Like Us. 

Emailing and messaging about podcast guests - surprises for listeners of Toppermost of the Poppermost. Let’s see if any show listeners are reading these blog posts. We have interviews coming up with some very special guests. They are people behind the music that we will be talking about in the shows, so watch this space! I’m excited and nervous at the same time. 


Watched the film The Titfield Thunderbolt and the extras. Of course I own the 60th anniversary DVD edition, because I love the film. My late grandfather loved the film, and I remember watching it so many times with him. Lovely home footage of the filming. 

Frog and Toad season 1 episode 8 Waking Up / The Squash. 

We watched the Vicar of Dibley episode The Christmas Dinner Incident. 

Recorded a guest spot on Review It Yourself, to talk about the film The Titfield Thunderbolt, which I was surprised to see on Letterboxd that Liam from Spocklight only gave two and a half stars out of five, compared to, well, check out my Lettrrboxd review

Sleep was difficult on Wednesday night. The heat was unbearable for me. I know that to some it isn’t warm, but I’m not a fan of temperatures about say 20 degrees centigrade. I couldn’t get comfortable, and wasn’t staying asleep for longer than literally a few minutes. 


After lying awake until a bit after two, I know I fell asleep for a couple of minutes because I had a very short work dream where I found a door unlocked, and then I woke up. That was all there was of the dream. 

When 5 o’clock came, I woke up, and was unable to fall back to sleep. At about half past seven in the morning I got up out of bed, and went downstairs, where I put on Star Wars: The Bad Batch season 3 episode 5. 

I need to catch up on The Acolyte, because I think that episode five has come out. I’ll finish it, because I’m a completist with things. 

At about half past nine I went back to bed, dropping off sometime between 10:30 and 11am, and then waking up at 3pm. 

Thursday night shift will be a swine for sure. All that driving on about four hours sleep, which amounts to thirteen in four days. 

Tried napping in the afternoon, which might have worked better without Absolute Radio on in the background - shout out to my friend and past Pods Like Us guest Ben Burrell. 

The previous week’s post that I forgot to finish or promote - CLICK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pod Files - Thursday 29 February 2024

The Pod Files - Sunday 5 November 2023

The Pod News - Thursday 16 February 2024