Time off March 18th to 19th 2025

 

We watched the latest episode of Gogglebox

Toppermost of the Poppermost April 1965 sides A and B were recorded on Tuesday night. 

I recorded an episode of Pods Like Us with Damien of The Podcast Advice Show, as Ant is away on holiday. I think that might be a by-product of my only being able to record on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, which are my days off. 

It was difficult because I had to record the episode using my old broken down laptop, since the one that Tim gave me just wouldn’t connect to any Internet service for some reason. 


I went out for a walk to Tesco for some shopping, during which I did some podcast listening. The first of the shows I listened to, Totally Booked with Zibby, was added to my feed on Apple Podcasts, as I had received a request from the shows’ producers asking if I wanted to feature them on Pods Like Us. 

On Wednesday night I recorded an episode of When They Was Fab with Ed. 

This was recorded with me on my phone, due to the issue mentioned earlier about the laptop Tim gave me not connecting to any WiFi/Broadband. 

I finished editing the audio version of my chat with Arielle Nisenblatt.

I watched Daredevil Born Again season 1 episode 4 Sic Semper Systema. I agree with my friend Richie from Ground Zero Comics in that this is the best of the Disney Plus Marvel related television series. 

Now one thing I probably shouldn’t have done while I was off was to erase Apple Podcasts from my iPhone, and then reinstall it…


This is because it had been acting up quite a lot recently by suddenly playing something else while I was listening to another show, and the memory usage was understandably huge, as it is my most used way to listen to shows (but not the only was I do that). 

I expected it to lose the queue I had created, but not for it to then forget which episodes of the shows that I had listened to. 

I found out since that it sort of did remember, but only after I physically went into the episode list and marked one or two I knew I had heard, and then Apple Podcasts would eventually kick in and mark all of the episodes I had heard already. 

If anyone is interested, I also listen to podcasts using BBC Sounds, Spotify, Amazon, Audible, Good Pods, Patreon, Podbean, SoundCloud, and probably some other places as well. 


The ‘casts -

(Notes spoken to Siri, and edited later if I remember

(Changed tactic now where starred dialogue denotes quoting from the show’s own notes


Totally Booked with Zibby - Season 23 Episode 33: 13 February 2025: *Helen Fielding, BRIDGET JONES'S DIARY and BRIDGET JONES: MAD ABOUT THE BOY - NEW MOVIE OUT NOW! Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy / Helen Fielding, British journalist, novelist, screenwriter, and creator of the beloved fictional character Bridget Jones, joins Zibby to celebrate the 25th anniversary edition of BRIDGET JONES'S DIARY, the #1 bestselling book that defined the 20th century. Helen shares the unexpected origins of Bridget— born from an anonymous newspaper column written simply to pay the bills—and how her honest, exaggerated take on single life struck a universal chord. She and Zibby discuss humor as a coping mechanism, the changing landscape of workplace sexism, and why Bridget's self-deprecating charm continues to resonate across generations. Helen also teases the upcoming film adaptation of Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy, touching on how Bridget navigates love, loss, and aging with her signature wit. [some superb bits in this, including the story of how Helen locked herself out for real with just underwear and a bath towel, who then discovered Helen sat like that in their living room with their husband.] 


Composers Datebook - 18 March 2025: Mobberley's Piano Concerto


Merriam Webster’s Word of the Day - 18 March 2025: admonish


StarDate - 17 March 2025: Coma Berenices


Daily Tips That May or May Not Help You with Arielle and Ned - 18 March 2025: *An Anti-Tip for Managing Your Dishes - We're back with another Anti-Tip from Arielle Nissenblatt...and this one hurts Ned's heart.


The Short Shorts - 3 September 2021: *Jeffrey Epstein Miserable Man - Based on the miserable life of Jeffrey Epstein.

He did what he wanted while those around him allowed and protected him. He is dead, but let's not forget all those so-called friends that knew what he was doing and looked the other way or even worst joined in his miserable actions.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pod Files - Friday 26 September 2025

49 to 50

The Pod Files - Thursday 25 September 2025